KONY Pizza coming to Westwood

Noticed KONY Pizza sign in a window across from Elysses Cafe…checked the web site…its orig location is in Town…the foto of a pie that they have on their main page looks like Gar Bage!

KONY is the best fast food pizza in LA, and it isn’t even close.

I won’t say it compares to anything upper-crust.

Amazing comment…hope its better than it looks… no point in arguing with you, but I might grab a slice for “scientific” purposes once it opens

Any relation to the infamous Ugandan guerrilla leader?

Can you define “fast food pizza”?

1 Like

I live spitting distance from the original Ktown location and for that style of NY-ish pizza close by I’d rather order from Village Pizzeria (Larchmont).

1 Like

As some guy once said, “I know it when I see it.”

Take my opinion lightly salted - I don’t eat much pizza anymore. Still, it’s hard to beat a slice of that BBQ chicken pizza (no cilantro and onions, unless you like that sort of thing) with pickled jalapenos, toasted in the oven for 10 minutes after spending a night in the fridge.

Reminds me that I need to go back to Mozza (and try DeSano’s).

King Of Nubian Youth?

Not in the same neck of the woods as KONY, but for the same style (and general vibe), check out Gracie’s sometime.

well T3t, sorry but putting all that on a pizza disqualifies any pie from being called NY style…and their boasting of being best NY style inLA is laughable but I will still check them out when it opens!

this.

I stopped by KONY last week and had a slice with mushroom. Gotta say guys, it’s a damn good slice all around and the undercarriage was crisp and near perfectly cooked. Nearly as good as a Vito’s slice (La Cienega, not SM) or a Slicktruck slice (RIP).

The owner was there and we chatted for a bit. Turns out he started the one in K-Town but then left that operation some time ago. For the Westwood shop, he says he’s done quite a bit of recipe testing, numerous flour brands and types for the dough, mozzarella, and sauce. Curious what lapizzamaven and the rest of you think once you try it.

1 Like

im intrigued, HolySchnikes. wildem try KONY pizza soon

And it’s gone to be replaced by a Japanese Korean fusion place.

that didn’t last long…I went in and looked one day…the slices looked like shit so I passed