Korean Food

i’ve noticed that if i go with non -korean looking members in my party, we don’t get the full selection seen at other tables. i typically goad the non-koreans into calling the servers over, so they can point out and note the omissions which are then brought to the table without a word. i wish i could be as sure about saliva.

2 Likes

The table was completely full, there wasn’t room for any more dishes. Park’s four-tops are simply too small given how much space is taken up by the grill.

Can anyone tell me what the instructions are on my Korean pancake mix?

You can try the Waygo app if no one wants to type in a translation.

Or Google Translate on a phone.

1 Like

Oops probably should’ve posted this here:

1 Like

Okay, that certainly cleared things up. :wink:

4 Likes

Ooof. Not good. Not expecting Waygo to date much better.

My guess is you add 850 ml of water to 500 grams of mix and then do as described here:

1 Like

You’re the best googler I know. Thank you!

1 Like

Can someone tell me what kind of kimchi this is?

Buchu kimchee made of garlic chives (Asian chives).

Thanks, I thought that was what I was buying. Kind of tough, like chewing lawn clippings, but maybe it’ll soften up as it ages.

1 Like

Funny you say that - back in the early 80s, a neighbor actually offered my aunt lawn clippings after she shared some garlic chive pancakes with them. It’s one of her favorite stories to tell.

4 Likes

That’s an excellent story. :slight_smile:

1 Like

FOmg this translation got me laughing like a crazy person. If anyone still cares, it says “next time, buy one with English instructions.”

Seriously tho,
500 grams mix
850 ml water

Stir until lumps are gone.

Add whatever ingredients you fancy. Green onions, julienned root vegetables, chopped kimchi, oysters, shrimp are some options but not all in one recipe (this last part is my contribution). Panfry in oil.

Additonal instrux in 2nd paragraph: for a chewy pancake, use ingredients with high moisture content (but squeeze out excess water). For a crisper pancake, spread thinly on pan and pat down as it cooks.

2 Likes

You’re hilarious! Thanks for the instructions and you should work for google.

1 Like

We’ve gone to Myung Dong Noodle House maybe 50 times with my coworker in the last 2 years. It’s especially good for the rice stuffed cornish hens… new ownership this year has not meant lower quality. banchan improved

2 Likes

It’s too bad they’re no longer open late. Have had many 3 am meals that hit the spot here.

really? the spot on Irolo? That’s surprising.