K's Sandwiches

waiting to here from them–I gather due to the size, it can take awhile.

RedDevil
January 4 |

Were you able to join Ms V?

Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.

In Reply To

MsVerde
January 3 |

Thanks for the link. I’ve been frustrated by the inactivity of Chowhound and the lack of SD entries for this board.
Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.

To unsubscribe from these emails, click here.

Maybe a bit off topic now, but K-Sandwiches has indeed re-opened.

1 Like

I was looking for you in the crowd when the media went to cover K’s re-opening…
Hoping you were wearing your ‘Charlie’ fringe tube top!
:yum:

2 Likes

The indeed are.

The sandwiches are still the same, which is to say they are quite good. But what made K Sandwiches better than everyone else were their prices. In the past, my usual go-to sandwiches either the Banh Mi Xiu Mai (pork meat ball) or the K Special (pate and headcheese) are now about $1.50 more expensive.

In the grand scheme of things it might seem immaterial, but at about $4.50 for a sandwich there are as good, if not better, places for banh mi.

1 Like

My impression of the reincarnated K-Sandwiches is that it’s largely the same as before the fire, but with a nicer, more open-feeling. One negative is that they now have fewer banh mi offerings. They don’t, for example, have banh mi xa xiu, my favorite. Their spring rolls are still good, but still nothing to rave about. Fresh bread is excellent.

Frankly, I think that Pho Hut (Balboa and Genesee) does bahn mi at least as good if not better than K-Sandwiches, if at a bit more cost. But then, you get full table service.