LA Weekly's food festval

Hey - no jumping the line… :laughing:

1 Like

I call for first dibbs. Cookie sounds adorable.

2 Likes

I’m ok

UnFuntimes ahead. :wink:

1 Like

And modest too. Glad you got @J_L’s cat joke. Was starting to worry… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

You have a black pencil next to every heading? I think I’d be a little weirded out if a non-moderator could make changes to my headings…

I guess I just answered that one.

3 Likes

I had to go back to it. He’s a smarty.

[quote=“paranoidgarliclover, post:26, topic:5351”]
I think I’d be a little weirded out if a non-moderator could make changes to my headings…
[/quote]There was a thread about finding hominy (pasole) for Mexican cooking. We started discussing beans and Mexican cooking in general. The discussion went to should or shouldn’t we start a new thread or change the wording on the current thread. We agreed with the latter… voila. I can’t remember the whole conversation, but that’s a general example.

It seems for the most part posters are polite about it, or moderators probably wouldn’t allow it.

That’s so BIZARRE! I never noticed that.

Since we’re discovering and discussing features, I have a question: You and @ipsedixit say (write) “pin it” and “pinned”; what does that mean?

I think it’s supposed to keep the topic at the top of the page, regardless of when the last post was made. However, that’s not how it’s actually worked for me (not sure what other people see).

Edit: ohmigod, I just realized you can click on the pin, and it WILL keep it at the top for you!!! Bwahahahahaha.

1 Like

I keep hoping that someone’s actually going to report about the food festival in question. Guess I’m SOL. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

I thought about that when I was posting my last non-food festival related post. I think that means nobody went.

I take it you’re not interested in pinning something, editing someone else’s thread or kissing me :slight_smile:.

Could it just have been titled “LA Weekly’s Essentials: anyone go?”

1 Like

You could make it so, @JThur01! :wink:

I do not get a little black pencil that allows me to change thread titles. I only get a little black pencil that will allow me to edit my own posts. Browser issue?

You need to be considered a “regular” to rename topics.

https://meta.discourse.org/t/what-do-user-trust-levels-do/4924/6

I don’t see the pencil unless I click on the title at the top. At that point, the page reloads, and I then see the pencil.

Fun times… please. Not un-fun times.