Las Vegas recommendations

Brisket and BBQ beans are all we’ve had on our two visits (takeout both times), with sauce on the side. First visit, I ordered half flat and half point. The way they cut the point, you don’t get much if any bark, and it’s very fatty, so this time (pictured) we got all flat and asked for bark. We’re still talking about how great it was. Super tender and smoky, and so flavorful we ate most of it with just a little salt, and no sauce. It was good sauce (vinegary, not really sweet), but we didn’t want to cover up the flavor of the meat.

2 Likes

if that happens, there’s usually plenty of Girl Scout Cookies inside.
(in case I have to explain: Girl Scout Cookies is a modern marijuana strain)

4 Likes

Thanks for the rec! We’re headed out in June. Sounds like a cool place to check out.
We discovered last trip that the husband’s favorite Bachi Burger has closed. Maybe this can be his replacement.

Raku is the best

Uploading: 0110C3CB-483D-4158-91D6-04F2FF42078B.jpeg… Uploading: 0F73A26F-EC4F-4BE2-925C-05CAF19E4F13.jpeg… Uploading: E5021ECD-BE21-4BC2-BF25-9DAD4BFA4D67.jpeg…

4 Likes

Pastries run at the Venetian

Almond Croissant

The first Bouchon location ran out of kouign amann so we went to their second location

Kougin Amann

1 Like

I love the kouign amann at Bouchon; in fact I like it better than the one I tried at Dominique Ansel in LA. They do great croissants as well.

That kouign amann does not appear to be the hot buttery mess I fell in love with.

Indeed it wasn’t but it’s probably been sitting for a long while.

Next trip to Vegas, we’d like to do some restaurant hopping. There always seem to be more places to try than time we have available. Would it be possible or plausible to drop in to 4-5 places on a weekday evening, sit at the bar, and order 1-2 things off the menu with drinks?
Has anyone tried this? If so, where and what did you have? Or are we crazy?

1 Like

Does anyone go to Vegas NOT for the food??? We’ll be there in the fall for Jimmy Buffet. Some ‘low down’ food?

Do you mean bang x5? That’s pretty hardcore.

You’re asking this on a board named FOOD talk central??? ??? ???

2 Likes

Bang bangin in Vegas is definitely possible.

Bardot for drinks and French fries at bar

Carbone for Caesar salad and meatballs at bar

Julian Serrano for Iberico pork rib, bang bang salad, and torrija

Secret pizza for slice of pizza

Raku for sashimi and sake

4 Likes

Oh, I hear you, but are there low key, low budget places that are notable?

Ah…the Aria crawl. We’re actually staying there. Looking to try said Aria crawl on the Sunday we check in…after an opening seat at the LoS bar for my garlic prawns.
Our cousins are joining us and have requested a Monday dinner at Raku. I think we’ll start the night at Sparrow + Wolf for drinks since it’s so close by.
That leaves Tuesday evening for us to go hopping/exploring. Maybe bang x5 is too lofty a goal, but it’s Vegas…let’s roll the dice.

1 Like

Second this. I’ll add momofuku for some buns.

1 Like

I’ve had the buns at Momofuku in NYC. While good, I’m not sure it’s enticing enough to repeat considering there are so many options in Vegas :blush:

Add Ping Pang Pong for late night deep fried pork chop with spicy salt and roast duck.

1 Like

They offer a fried chicken sandwich too.

1 Like

We’ll be at the pool there on Monday. Maybe drop by for lunch then :blush: