Legendary Fried Chicken & Nashville Hot Chicken Hits L.A. - Howlin' Ray's New Restaurant!

2 Likes

I wonder how the other faker Hotville Chicken in Chinatown is doing?

Hi @TheCookie,

After uncovering the underhanded nature of trying to pass themselves off as Prince’s none of my friends or I even acknowledge its existence. :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Hi @SFDiner,

That’s hilariously awful. Then again I remember reading about “mockbusters” and how shady companies cash in on Hollywood blockbusters all the time. 2 of the “best”:

LOL, sad, just sad.

2 Likes

[quote=“Chowseeker1999, post:379, topic:3186”]
Glad you liked the Collard Greens. :slight_smile:
[/quote]I forgot to mention - they were not salty!

2 Likes

any tips on what time is best to get there on a Friday?

An hour before opening is about 45 minute wait on the weekdays.

When I went a month ago I asked the guy in front what time he got here.

8am

!!!

What the pho

1 Like

is there anytime you can get there and get in under a hour wait?

Hi @skramzlife,

What @JeetKuneBao said is about the best you can do:

Show up about 1 hour before opening on weekdays and you’ll get in about 45 min or so.

On weekends, there’s actually a good chance they open early (before 11 a.m.), so if you showed up, say, 10 a.m., you might wait a bit, but they’ve opened at 10:40 a.m. before a few times, so it lessens the wait.

They are becoming the Franklin’s of LA. Which is a bummer and means I won’t be going there any time soon.

Hi @Jase,

Don’t get discouraged. They officially announced taking over the next door space, for more kitchen / staff / production. Also there’ll be a Take Out Only window, so it’ll lessen the line dramatically (I see so many To-Go orders each time we go).

Also, while some crazy persons show up at 8 a.m., the last few times we’ve been there at 10 a.m. the line is manageable still. Those people are just the ones that are officially “first in line”; the line doesn’t get building until later. :wink:

Get a *group together (or one @PorkyBelly) and order ahead of time: https://www.howlinrays.com/pre-order-form/

*must order at least 10 entrees

2 Likes

So a total wait of 1:45?

I’ve never been and dying to, but a hour and 45min line AT THE LEAST is dumb.
Don’t think I can do it.
It’s just fried chicken people (AND I LOVE FRIED CHICKEN!!)

1 Like

Hi @tailbacku, @skramzlife,

Definitely agree the wait times are crazy. I’m really hoping the expansion and separate Take-Out window / line will help dramatically.

But as @PorkyBelly mentioned, there seems to be a nice window in the early afternoons on Wed / Thurs where the wait is down to 30 min (I’ve seen it posted on their IG feed before).

1 Like

Add a side of Avocado toast and it might be worth the wait😎

What time should I show on Thurs afternoon for this?

If you can wait, I’ve seen Chef Zone tweet a few times that the wait starts to go down by quite a bit after 2pm

1 Like

Hi @skramzlife,

PorkyBelly mentioned after 1 p.m. But you can also check their Twitter feed (and even tweet to see if someone might respond / give an update (they do from time-to-time in real-time)):

https://twitter.com/howlinrays

This place needs a live cam feed of the line in waiting . Holy cow !!

1 Like