Let's talk about Middle Eastern food...where?

Is it inside the car wash and do I get a discount if I get a car wash…:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
Nado’s sounds wonderful…

He Shoot, he scores…love the 2 Med rec’s!!
:+1:

Went to Ala Turca this weekend and LOVED it…

First of all, the guys are a riot…they had Pink Floyd music and they were all singing and one of the guys was from Alexandria, Egypt and they were making fun of him, since he’s never been to Giza, to see the Pyramid’s and only since he moved to SD, now, he wants to go and see them…ha ha ha

They make their own meat on a spit…
It wasn’t ready yet, since we went in a half hour before they opened and the door was open and they were so kind and said they could make us a Falafel and I gotta say that this was SO good…they serve it with a side of tzatziki and hot sauce…
Different but really good.
Can’t wait to go back!

Good falafel and Pink Floyd. Gotta get there!

1 Like

Great food and the guys from Turkey/Egypt jamming to Pink Floyd. . .Priceless!
:sunglasses:

Wife and all her girlfriends went to Nados again last weekend and just raved! The owner is very nice and just kept items coming. A particular favorite was the Mediterranean ground beef, potatoes, carrots,and peas over rice. She also said home made hummus and falafel were outstanding.

1 Like

Gotta get there soon…sounds like my kind of place!

Nados and ala turca on list of what to try next, love falafel, thanks and keep the recs coming!

Finally made it to Ala Turca. The falaffel was mushy and just okay. The chicken and lamb/beef shaved off the spits were fine but not really better than anywhere else. The best thing I had was the eggplant salad which was outstanding. Good for Poway but overall just okay for me. The falaffel search continues…

We also went recently and had also mixed results - different kinds of meat were OK, Sigara rather flavorless, stuffed grape leaves the highlight. (and they even forgot part of our take-out order). As RedDevil said, not bad for Poway but nothing really good and rather disappointing compared to places like Balboa Market.

Sadly, Pink Floyd was absent. :disappointed:

It was different but it was good in a different way but it was not your traditional falafel.

I wonder if I got the A team and it was 15 minutes before they opened…or, maybe it was the Daisy Duke shorts and the Candy clear Pumps I was wearing…:tongue:

2 Likes

:sob:

To give this a kick start, the Amardeen Cafe in the UTC area is a favorite of ours. They have a sister restaurant closer to your hood, Plumeria - called Grenedine. Have you tried?

North park produce bakery and grill does have falaffel–pretty good

1 Like

Aloha Brian!
Just seeing this now.
Never been but will now.
Looks fantastic!
Thanks so much …
:kiss:

Had a fantastic falafel at the new North Park Produce Grill next store to the wonderful market.
For $1 more you can have it wrapped in the fresh huge pita bread…
DH gyros said it was outstanding.
Place is packed with Middle Eastern folks, so you know its good and authentic.
Can’t wait to go back and the huge ethnic market is a lovely bonus after lunch to wander through the aisles…
They have a olive and cheese counter…tons of fresh spices…

www.northparkproducepoway.com/bakery-grill.html

Really like both the market and restaurant.

Also balboa international market is expanding into the old vacant Albertsons on pomerado rd in poway

I like shopping there - very wide open (unlike the more cramped conditions at Balboa International Market), and they seem to have a wide variety of the things we are looking for.

1 Like

Balboa International Market is going in the closed Albertson’s in the Target Center in Poway. . .excellent.

The North Park Produce place in Poway a couple years ago was like I was in some third world market (in a dirty kind of way) but now, its really nice and glad they’ve stepped up their game.
Food was excellent and reasonable.
I could eat this food all day long!

The honey section alone was divine. . :bee: