Little Sister Downtown

Thanks @TonyC. Those desserts look amazing!

tony for the win, although i think the tartare is a little better than he gives credit. the pickles were outstanding. i enjoyed
the duck congee (it’s very…ducky) but it’s a tad bland. the ma pa dofu was good, but not at sgv level.
papaya salad tasty but a different animal than your thai town iteration.

i liked the place and would return.

1 Like

i have no idea why that sweetbreads dish is still on the menu. i got it when they first opened and it was terrible, it was the first time i sent a dish back.

1 Like

Which does this refer to? There are tons of places with “saigon sandwich” in their name all over the place according to Google.

No, there isn’t.

There’s actually only one Saigon’s Bakery and Sandwiches. Ok, maybe 1 and a half if you count that outpost down the street on San Gabriel Blvd.

Few places make banh mi with as much flair using thit nguoi as this place does.

1 Like

According to Le Google, there are at least:

Saigon Sandwich & Bakery
Address: 718 E Valley Blvd, San Gabriel, CA 91776
Phone:(626) 288-6475

Saigon Sandwich & Bakery
Located in: Garvey Square Shopping Center
Address: 8118 Garvey Ave # I, Rosemead, CA 91770
Phone:(626) 288-2132

Saigon Sandwiches & Coffee
Address: 7219 De Soto Ave, Canoga Park, CA 91303
Phone:(818) 716-9077

Original post just vaguely used words “saigon sandwich”, so could be any of these, or none of them.

The only place literally called “Saigon Sandwich” is up in San Francisco:

http://www.yelp.com/biz/saigon-sandwich-san-francisco

It’s great when someone else makes your point for you.

Obviously this escapes you. My bad, I suppose.

So I guess 3 (maybe 4) is now a ton, huh?

#NewMathSucks

If you’re trying to go to a specific place yes.

#newgenerationisretarded

The more you comment the more it reveals your ignorance of the issue.

If you had any understanding of SGV banh mi joints, or even Vietnamese restaurants in general, you’d understand.

Perhaps best you just step back and have another meal at Hatchet Hall.

2 Likes

No fucking shit.

This is a community forum where some people try to come to you know, SHARE information and LEARN about information not previously possessed in order to rectify ignorance.

It’s unbelievable that someone would come on a community forum just to purposefully obfuscate and not share information. Kind of the equivalent of getting on a webcam and masturbating on Omegle or some shit to try and show off a big penis or something.

Whoopee… you have such a big cock, awesome…

#soimpressed

Ever notice how my posts actually lead to people having good meals at real restaurants?

Mr. Baguette - special #1

Thank you <3

Forgot to take your meds again today?

Was it not a real recommendation?

4 Likes

That banh mi is great. I love the $3.50 version at my usual dives too but this is a pork lover’s dream come true.

3 Likes

Huh, it comes with pho to dip it in if you get it to stay instead of take-away huh? How was the dipping experience?

One sip of the broth was more than enough for me. The sandwich is already oozing.

thanks to @Porthos ordered the pho banh cuon and it was delicious, however i don’t remember mine having tendon, not sure why jgold didn’t like it in his review. Also got the 11 dollar banh mi and lemongrass chicken. will be back to try the congee and spicy fish banh mi.

6 Likes