Little Sister Downtown

If it’s a party of 8 it’s got 3 surcharges - sales tax, rising cost, and service.

I’m sure the POS system is smart enough to not print a gratuity line if an automatic 20% service charge is applied.

/s

Restaurant with a no-tipping policy can suppress the tip line, but when it’s just a mandatory surcharge for large parties (which incur extra costs for the restaurant), some customers want to add a tip on top.

People who are bothered by this trivial stuff should just go to restaurants that don’t do it.

Exactly why it’s being publicized here.

1 Like

With the ensuing same discussion that’s of no interest to anyone who isn’t bothered by little surcharges.

1 Like

Stop policing the board like some selective curmudgeon.

1 Like

I’m not selective about this, it’s boring every time it comes up. Just like the people who don’t like service charges and repeat that boring argument every time. They’re both common practices that not only benefit the restaurants that do them but are disproportionately popular among restaurants that serve better food and are more hospitable.

So ignore it. You think your responses bring any additional interest here?
You don’t need to engage with every post, particularly those you don’t care for. You made your points. They stand on their own or they don’t. After that, you get to move on. Or, you could adopt a sanctimonious tone and just keep talking until you’re alone.

3 Likes

wants discussion to stop

proceeds addding to discussion

4 Likes

Then stop reading and responding to it. You know you’re allowed to move on without commenting.

5 Likes

You said “selective curmudgeon”. :blush:

1 Like

I recently bought a condo downtown a block from little sister, I quite enjoy the food fwiw.

warrior: i’m not a big fan, but just thought i’d mention this is open again.

1 Like

I’d add that this location seems to be the least of my favorite in terms of execution and service.

Even worse than Irvine?

Perhaps I got lucky at Irvine? I went during the first month of operation and Sergio was in the kitchen cooking. The waitress screwed up on our order (wrong dish) so Sergio personally apologized and gave us a really good raw beef salad. The food was good, nothing like the quality at LSXO though.

1 Like

As posted above, I’ve had a bunch of great food at LSD.

We just had a fantastic lunch there. Holding no punches. Full blast flavor and heat

3 Likes

The salad and especially salmon crudo were crazy good … nice rolls and cold noodle dish

2 Likes

Banh Xeo and Mi finally tried. Love this place. Packed on a Wednesday

Another salmon crudo smashed

5 Likes