Lovely Handmade Korean-Chinese Noodles - Lee's Noodles

Or an ice teller.

Or an iced teller laced with a jigger of fucking gin.

Shit. Thanks for reminding me about the ice teller I owe you.

I’ve been meaning to check this place out after reading the EaterLA article. Noodles look really good.

Hi @tailbacku,

Welcome to FTC. :smile: Glad you found us.

thanks! glad to be here

1 Like

great idea!
and this sounds like the place

Just tried this spot tonight and it’s legit. Their wings might be better than the noodles

I think a FTC/LA get together could be a cool thing—especially since we don’t have CH rules that prevent us from having a planning discussion. I haven’t been to Lee’s yet, but it’s a store front place with limited seating. If we wanted to get a group of us together, maybe a larger place would be best.

had lunch there today

spicy seafood noodle, spicy as advertised and more seafood (mussels) than expected

the noodles were good, but almost too refined; you expect a certain amount of grease but there was no evidence of any, and the flavor was almost muted.

menu is rather limited

dok dok

dumplings crispy but with an almost crystaline coating

dok dok spicy soy garlic

pork / glass noodle & sticky rice, kinda like a chapchae on steroids

1 Like

How does Lee’s compare to Zzamong?

Dude you may just missed me by a few minutes I think.

i was there until about 1:15, sitting at the big table on the left coming in - party of 5

Hi Sgee,

Never heard of that place before. How do you like it? What do you get there?

Chowseeker1999, I thought it was pretty good - Korean style Chinese food. They are known for the Jjampong (Spicy Noodles) and Jjajangmyun. It’s the first (and only) place I’ve tried both items.

I just missed you, I think. That table was empty throughout my lunch visit there today. I left by about 11:45.

i was there at 11:30. the 5th didn’t show up until almost noon.

next time.

1 Like

no one’s mentioned the muzak? where else can you listen to covers of songs like ‘dust in the wind’ and ‘lady in red’ where the melody is played by a pan flute? some of us at our table spent as much time listening to see what the next song would be as eating.

2 Likes

Not food-related, but you can get some pretty funny muzak at Century Spa, too. I think I heard a cover of “Single Ladies” while I was there–too funny!

@secretasianman Barry, what were your favorites? Thanks for the pics.

i liked the spicy seafood and i thought the pork/glass noodle with rice was nicely flavored.

someone else at the table sprang for the fried twinkie & fried milky way bar. of the two, i preferred the twinkie, though i wouldn’t pay for either myself.