Lunch Specials - What's for Lunch?

Kobawoo House - bossam and miso stew $12 #seoulfood

12 Likes

Sushi gen - sashimi lunch special $17

9 Likes

Division 3 on Hollywood and Bronson has some killer sandwiches. The coffee braised brisket grilled cheese is fantastic. Here’s the Pork Belly Cubano with roasted pork belly, ham, jack cheese, pickles mayo and mustard.
Division 3

Also, Leo’s Tacos sets up a new oupost for lunch on Sunset and Western.

7 Likes

Tried it for breakfast. Here’s the Hash Brown Sandwich, with egg, cheese, special sauce and scallions. YUM. It’s messy, but very tasty.

4 Likes

Just rocked some more Korean… it’s like 10 bucks everytime… today was Manduguk

4 Likes

for anyone who cares, that’s Myung Dong Noodle House

2 Likes

Whole Foods Playa Vista has some huge plates of food for very good prices, plus, you get a beer!

There were a lot of very happy millennials, mostly guys, stuffing themselves. Most of them barely touched their beers, but were so happy to have huge burritos and taco platters that were so generous they had leftovers for dinner. Poor kids, slaving away at Google and YouTube all day for slave wages. :wink:

2 Likes

Chinese T&D, NoHo

non-steam table American Chinese. $8.92 pre-tip gets you an egg roll, lunch entree, rice, hot/sour soup, drink. I’m partial to the orange fish, which I don’t see all too often.

1 Like

Spago

1 Like

Daikokuya ikuru don. Look at those big, beautiful fish balls.

IMG_6826

4 Likes

At Pasta Sisters, you can now order extra sauce and/or pasta.

I did both and barely made a dent. Excellent deal.

8 Likes

Great, I didn’t get enough bolognese sauce my last visit.

Looks like a nice plate of instant happiness!!!

1 Like

This pales in comparison to some of the great Japanese lunch specials on this thread. But we came across these tasty wings at a new place on Pico in Mid-City called Mid-City Deli & Grill. Have you been @Dommy @Mattapoisett_in_LA @Luluthemagnificent @Nemroz? I can’t sing their praises quite yet, because I’ve only been once, but there are a lot of menu items, BBQ Saturdays, the guys are cool dudes and the place is super clean.

We ate a little chix & fries before the photo - checkout the juicy inside. Wings are hard to get right - you have to cook them long enough to get the skin crispy and soften the chewy connective tissue without drying out the meat. They did a great job. The salt factor is definitely there, but it wasn’t a bomb. Their hot sauce was a nice, thicker version of Louisiana-style. The ranch was from a bottle, not the better Hidden Valley-type powder mix (like Islands), but maybe I’ll try to work on them. :wink: The wings are much better than at CJ’s down the street. Wednesday Special: 3 Wings (healthy size), Fries or Onion Rings, Sweet Roll & Can Soda $10.90. Small note: if you get it to go ask for the fries extra crispy.

Beef Sandwich

Sandwich, Chips, Can Soda $11.50. A little messy, but you don’t have to order the squaw bread.

4 Likes

yea i like those guys. .have gone maybe 3 times on a groupon. can’t see myself there too often. it’s criminally hard to find a normal deli in this city. i’d probably just go to Olson near it if i wanted a sandwich

1 Like

Ah! I :heart: this board. Thanks for reminding me about Olson’s! I agree about the “normal” deli situation, especially in this area.

Drove by again today to Anaya.

come on!

4 Likes

Yep, you’re right.

Gyu-kaku. They call it Japanese BBQ, but seems Korean to me. Either way, good quality, generous lunch specials. Apparently it’s a world-wide chain, which explains all the happy tourists.

Really great salad, btw!

https://www.gyu-kaku.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/11/d_lunch1910.pdf

5 Likes

I do lunch occasionally with my team there…it is a lot of food.