Luv2Eat (Thai Town): A Pictorial Essay

i don’t know if there’s a single thai norm or which of these is closer to it, but as an indian, the luv2eat one looks better to me. the one you prefer is of course the one you prefer.

Oh I see. You’re Indian, point taken. As an Indian, you’re wrong :stuck_out_tongue: jk. i dont care who likes what

Boat noodles and glass noodle salad totally unremarkable today at luv2:(. The meal we had at Pailin on Friday was impeccable and today total okness. And served on romaine lettuce lol I’m ded

And Noree is empty constantly, including today at 6:15. Can’t believe The Thai Thing is beating Noree in this area with inferior food. Shocking what a difference the location makes only 1/4 mile away from each other. Something just isn’t working in noree’s favor

1 Like

Sapp’s jade noodles are the current hotness.

It has been years. Many years! Was always our go to there with the boat. Funny I told friendo the story of how they healed me at sapp once eight their chrisanthemum tea.

The boat noodles were what Sapp was known for. Until recently, when they re-tooled their jade noodles:

1 Like

I know but even 8 years or so ago when we started going there’s for the boat noodles I was ordering this very same jade noodle. Even remember bringing some for takeout to the pool hall that is now gone. It was always great. Load it up with pickled hot pepper

1 Like

What is the Sapp re-tool? They look the same as before, but that’s just from the picture. My problem with Sapp’s as compared with Luv2eat’s has always been a textural thing–limp noodles, crab not the highest quality, and a lack of textural contrast that the Luv2eat version has. But I love Sapp and am curious what, if anything, has changed.

New Sapp bowl: Textural counterpoints are better/deeper, noodles are springier, pork is tastier.

3 Likes

On a whim, went to Luv2Eat for the first time in a few months on Saturday night. Surprisingly easy to get seated (thanks, rain!). Unfortunately only 2 of us so couldn’t order that much, but the massaman curry was great as always, we tried the kua gling for the first time and it was was really good–the stink beans were definitely a great addition and the leftovers worked especially well in the next morning’s omelette, and the pad see ew was flavorful and had good wok hei. Also I was finally able to find a level of spiciness that didn’t automatically destroy me: “something between mild and medium.” Probably the first time I’ve not burned off half of my taste buds at Luv2Eat.

2 Likes

What’s the new bowl? I really miss Sapp

Finally tried Luv2Eat- I don’t really have anything to add about the food (it was good, we had the tom yum soup and massaman curry). One thing I never knew though was that they took over the space after Sofrito Caribbean Kitchen closed down! Man, that place was criminally underrated.

Agreed… We had it tonight and it hit all the notes and hit the spot on a warm night, just as it is refreshing during summer… Also had their boat noodles which continues to be my favorite soup in L.A.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B6rl4ZpB5ck/

4 Likes

I don’t think that’s confusing. I read these confusing roti / paratha debates a lot. Your post was un-confusing. :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

I was really excited when I read this. I love khao kang style restaurants… the Thai Laos Market in Anaheim has a superb one if anyone is interested in going now.

4 Likes

@EattheWorldLA have you been to LAX-C Express? While you are at it come in the weekends for Mae Tings Coconut Cakes!

3 Likes

Yes! My partner is Thai and we usually fill up a container or three when shopping. Kanom krok are not my favorite thing in the world but I love the process so always worth ordering. I’m hungry again!

2 Likes

Anything standing out here recently?

Moo ping, kua kling & papaya salad!

2 Likes