Mamma Guidara's at The NoMad Bar (Manhattan)

On Sunday evenings, the very popular NoMad Bar morphs into an old-fashioned Italian-American restaurant called Mamma Guidara’s, the brainchild of Co-owners Will Guidara (whose father ran the famous Mamma Leone’s in NYC) and Chef Daniel Humm. We’ve been to Mamma Guidara’s twice and thoroughly enjoyed it. This blog post describes our dinner in October. Reservations are on Tock Tix (no payment in advance required).

My Blog
My Flickr

3 Likes

Looks superb, I see that your meal was comped, but do you know how much it would have been?

The cost of the meal in the fall and currently is $68pp + drinks, tax, and gratuity.

My Blog
My Flickr

1 Like

I’m almost 70. Is that too old for you to adopt me?!?!? I also saw your blog on foie gras, my #1 favorite food in the world. Mmm :slight_smile:

Always glad to hear from someone else who’s as crazy about foie gras as I am. The first time I had it was during a trip to France in the mid-80’s, a seared version that totally bowled me over.

My Blog
My Flickr

Almost five years ago, CA banned the production and sale of foie. (Since rescinded but the farmer had already gone out of business.) For my 65th birthday I went there and bought two lobes, halved each, tightly wrapped in plastic and then FoodSavered. Had four wonderful feasts. A chef friend suggested grilled peaches and, since the first meal was in the summer, that’s what we did. With a little ‘composed’ (ooh la la!) salad and toasted brioche. And sparkling rose’.