Manuela - Arts District - Anyone been?

nope, just phone, with filters. Don’t think it makes much difference for online forum posts haha if the lighting is decent, given the better tech nowadays in most phones and the limited resolution of most computer screens.

Went for dinner recently. Particuarly enjoyed the veggies, like the market lettuces, squash, and snap peas. Corn bread decent. For my entree, had the deer loin, which I found to be quite tasty, though I don’t have much deer, so hard to compare. It was hot out, so went with '16 Edmunds St. John Bone Jolly Gamay for my drink.

Boy that space is nice.

1 Like

The space is so nice I pop in there just to drink. Most recently I capped off some birria from La Unica and shrimp dorados tacos from Mariscos Jalisco with a bottle of really fascinating sparkling white natural wine from emilia-romagna. One of the more bizarre and intriguing bottles from Italy I’ve seen on a restaurant menu. Kind of like a tart, lemon-y lambrusco in a weird way!

5 Likes

Manuela is one of the most underappreciated restaurants in LA. Solid food, great space, relaxed vibe. I love to take people there. It’s option #1 for lunch with someone I like in DTLA. And you can combine it with art galleries, Salt & Straw, and coffee.

1 Like