Maple Block Meat Co

#twss

i had to. ugh posts must be 20 characters long.

1 Like

Looks great. Will be doing a wine dinner there this week and report back.

Hmmmm. Wine dinner with BBQ ???

The smoked turkey was pretty good but next time I would skip it and just get more of that damn brisket.

2 Likes

I gotta say, we found the brisket okay.

The prime rib and the chicken were actually the standouts for us.

We had:

Smoked chicken wings: outstanding.

Brisket: touch dry, both the fatty and lean cuts.

Prime rib: superb!! Highly recommended

Chicken: thought this would be dry. But man is it good.

Pork ribs: I love me some pork ribs and this was a delicious rendition.

Summer vegetable salad: grilled squash, corn, avocado. Also excellent.

Biscuits: very very good.

Excellent spot. Every table was filled for dinner. I would come back again and again and again.

ki

5 Likes

Hi Porthos,

Nice report! Thanks. :smile:

So BBQ Prime Rib? I have to ask, what is that like? I’m so used to “Prime Rib” being something like Lawry’s, etc. BBQ’d seems bizarre.

Wait a minute! I thought this was a wine dinner? Where’s the line up pic? I haven’t been able to live vicariously thru your line ups in some time! :wine_glass: :wink:

Yeah Portos.

Where’s the dope fucking line up of wine bottles ???

Or even perhaps the dope fucking wines that go well with the 'cue ???

2 Likes

porthos nice to see your reviews again. i really love prime rib too, is it smoked in one big piece with many ribs or otherwise so it’s rarer and juice inside or more like the brisket treatment on prime rib?

Smoked and then grilled it seems like. We had asked for the 40 oz (40 and 50 oz are bone in) but we got the 20oz by mistake. It was cooked medium. The 40-50oz probably have a better chance of medium rare.

thanks porthos - gotta check this spot out!

got some elsewhere for football action…name that brisket?

3 Likes

Bludso’s for white people? LOL! I had to.

1 Like

it’s terrible, stay away!

So I’ve heard.

1 Like

I need this for my Sundays. We’ve been going to BWW…

Funny story: we went to BWW at Howard Hughes a couple of weeks ago. The power went off for like 15 minutes. Pretty sure if went on any longer it would’ve been the second coming of the LA riots.

teehee…it’s pretty fucking solid, reasonably priced and ez peasy to deal with…im also a fan of the plain regular non fancified corn bread they have there. i like to watch games at home not bars cuz drinks are cheaper and medical practitioners can practice but there are food specials to be had…i still prefer the au natural brisket and cornbread

last year went all the way to KC for brisket and football…this year gonna be dallas, so if any of you f’kers have tips there, lemme know!

What is BWW?

I was going to ask the same fucking thing.