March 2018 Weekend Rundown

You and me both. They really are freeway convenient & I’ve been maybe 3/4 times but have thought about going at least that many times more only to realize they are not open (usually 5 or 6p on a Sunday)

I’m a big fan of the crust how was it heating it up at home?

The counter person told me the best results are with a pizza stone. We broke ours so he said to use a cookie sheet. Preheat oven to 400° with cookie sheet in oven, remove cookie sheet as briefly as possible, load pizza slices, heat for 3-5 minutes. Consensus was the pizza was very good, and the crust was very tasty and crisp.

2 Likes

I’ve also had really good luck using a toaster oven. More for leftovers, though.

2 Likes

I love toaster ovens…I usually put my toaster oven at about 250 to begin to heat any leftover pizza and then blast it at 450 for a last couple of minutes to char the crust, get it crispy and bubble the cheese.

2 Likes

I’ve been using a cast iron pan to heat leftover pizza and it works pretty well.

4 Likes

Same here. Put it on low and cover the pizza. Crust gets crispy and cheese gets melty.

Cast iron is great but heating up one or two pieces of pizza at a time to feed multiple mouths wouldn’t have worked for me the other day.

Gotcha. Try putting the sheet pan of pizza on the bottom of the oven, not on the rack. It gets much hotter and will crisp the bottom of the pizza quicker and better.

Directly? That sounds like a, “dear husband, who the F— is going to clean this up?”

Or maybe put the sheet pan directly on the bottom?

Breakfast at Aroma Cafe Studio City

rea

2 Likes

Try putting the sheet pan of pizza on the bottom of the oven

:thinking:

3 Likes

I’m such a dumb ass.

1 Like

:+1:

1 Like

Don’t forget foil on the baking sheet so no clean up.

1 Like

OK, it may not seem it, but I am not that dum. :upside_down_face:

Remember to turn on the oven.

4 Likes

I deserve that.

1 Like

Had a nice dinner at Gjelina tonight; no pictures due to it being dark AF in there.

Highlight: All the vegetable dishes; namely the sweet potatoes and turnips.

Lowlight: Seizure-inducing small caps menu.

3 Likes

Because Thursdays mark the beginning of the weekend at Shunji…

3 Likes

Wow @J_L, was that all just for your appetizers? :wink: