March 2018 Weekend Rundown

Shiki

I was quite surprised by the amount of courses.
7 dishes, 25+ pieces of nigiri, and dessert

imageimage

5 Likes

Easter Sunday at Gjusta

9 Likes

my pleasure
the farmer’s plate changes with the seasons.

also, imho, some Pitfire locations do a better job roasting the vegetables than others.

imho, the Pitfire near culver city/Marina del rey (on Washington near the fork in the road west of rosabel) does a much better job than does the Manhattan Beach Pitfire.

2 Likes

Kareem’s (Anaheim)

Lentil Soup. Nice and comforting.

Falafel Wrap. As always the falafel is great. You may want to enjoy the falafel on its own with a side of hummus.

Fatteh. Never had this before but holy moly this was so good and a lot of food. You scoop up the bottom to the top and enjoy. The bottom has fried pita. I don’t know too much about Middle Eastern food, but I think this also had chickpeas, yogurt, and pine nuts (I think?).

5 Likes

We were in Florida at the end of March. Coasters Taphouse in Cocoa Beach offers pretty decent cocktails at amazing prices (we’re talking sub $10 drinks made with mid-shelf liquor) and my first experience with she-crab soup. It was luscious, thick, and super crabby. Lots of crab meat and just a touch of sherry. I’m not sure what she-crab soup should taste like, but this one tasted really good. Unfortunately, they did not have grouper on their menu.
Also tried cinnamon rolls and Key lime pie from the Publix grocery store bakery in the same plaza. It had been a long travel day with a trip to Gatorland built in. We didn’t want to do more than walk across the street from our hotel. The cinnamon rolls were good and so was the pie…especially at the price we paid. Kudos to this grocery store bakery.

1 Like

Gjusta Gjusta Gjusta

3 Likes