Mastro's Steakhouse Beverly Hills

that’s my problem with wolfgangs…they have a great lunch special on a burger too which should be great but they can’t ever seem to do any less than well done…maybe the b team at lunch…plus the d in maitre d last time i was there stood for d-bag.

JL, Im gonna print this out when I visit soon again.

It is incredibly fucking expensive. For these prices, one might as well just hit up some dope fucking omakase sushi.

Why is Wolgang’s “enigmatically” the best Portherehouse ??? What do you mean by that ???

Is the Penthouse were the really nice eye candy hangs out in addition to some dope fucking hookers ???

thanks man.

i went to mastros bh for the first time not too long ago, and was distinctly underwhelmed by the food, the service and the eye candy.

Agreed. I’ve been to Cut 3 times and never left totally impressed.

Their meat quality has really gone down recently. I wonder if it has to do w/ being bought out by the Landry’s company, who run a bunch of mediocre chain restaurants.

The Penthouse has the younger aged eye candy.

For hookers, you want to be on the 2nd level where the piano bar is…or so I’ve heard.

JL. Fucking enigmatic ???

Please explain.

Thanks man.

Every single Mastro’s thread degenerates into a discussion of eye candy and prostitution.

Always the same people too :smirk:

2 Likes

It does degenerate into those utter depths since we’re all just a bunch of degenerates.

:blush:

But what do you think from a grub standpoint ??

Still curious why you said enigmatically ???

possibly speaks to the quality of the food at mastro’s. i dunno…was
the seafood tower that much better than what you can get from the tanks at
neptune’s net? was the bone in ribeye anything more than…fine? the creamed spinach was…fine.
the drinks large, but not made all that well.
the filet comped because it was horrendously overcooked.
i must be missing something.

call me wacky, call me irresponsible, but the best steak i’ve had in l.a. might have
been one i had at beacon way back.

1 Like

Kev, I’m no prude, and not offended in any way, and had many years as a bad boy, but I’ve learned and changeed over the years. I’m a father to a daughter and a husband to my wife and a son to my mom and all around a big fan of women who bring so much to our lives and world and I’m gonna say that in this instance I’m not interested in hooker talk either. I think it’s one thing to appreciate a pretty lady but quite another to commodotize one, or to commodotize women in some general way either. I think that this sort of talk would certainly make the women i love squeamish and it makes me a bit queasy too. I’m not surprised by porthos reaction here and im glad he had the courage to say something – this is a lot different than F bombing. I don’t want us to alienate WSG and all the other nice contributing members and think we should all be more sensitive to it because I don’t want to live in a world where women are bought and sold, and even though it happens sadly, it makes me sad. This is a subject I’m always will to stand up for. Lots of love to all, that’s all I got.

3 Likes

You are 110% correct JJ.

Just a bad joke on my part.

As always I wish everyone the very best.

And Porthos is right.

Maybe I shouldn’t be part of the problem.

But our illustrius hound is correct, I think, when he mentioned that most of the posts on Mastros in addition to the steaks and seafood towner and ultrq-rich butter cakes descends at some point into the utter fucking depths of the hooker scene.

JJ and others I more than respect your opinions.

Now back to the fucking grub if that’s cool.

2 Likes

shit, I just realized there’s another post that was in bad taste. :frowning:

thanks, and I get it you’re ‘in character’ in your ‘writing voice’ too – I appreciate it and your wit, knowledge and contributions to all of us.

1 Like

You misunderstood me. I’m pointing out that you and a couple of others will always render useless a Mastro’s thread with inappropriate references.

This is not how we want to attract new members nor how we want to establish a new site.

Hope you guys have the decency to retrain yourselves in the future.

3 Likes

Portos, your are absolutely correct.

Thanks buddy.

I have not been since the ownership change, but always liked the rib eye, drinks and thought the sea food tower, while expensive, was quite good.

last time i was there they didn’t give you the huge chrome martini shaker with essentially 2 extra drinks in it with my $18 chilled chopin – no vermouth for me. That would be a bad change. I still enjoyed the meat, food and atmosphere