May 2016 Weekend Rundown

La Super Rica Santa Barbara

3 Likes

Kogi on Overland

2 Likes

@wienermobile - la Super Rica Santa Barbara - Double wow. It all looks really great. What’s that in the big picture?

That’s odd, the big sign looks like it belongs in front of a church.

Saturday lunch @ Settebello Pasadena

Dessert @ Bulgarini Gelato…the pistachio was pee-in-your-pants good.

9 Likes

Was at Kogi Saturday night and the kitchen just couldn’t keep up. long waits and Missing things from my order plus I hate that they make you wrap your to-go your self. I like the flavors hope they can get it together.

1 Like

Ooops. I just edited my post - was asking about La Super.

La Super Rica was wonderful. I love both the Bacon Queso (big photo) and the Chorizo Queso. Line moved very fast, always a Santa Barbara Treat!

3 Likes

Hi @Novelli,

Nice! Love their Pistachio. What other flavors did you get? :slight_smile:

We had the hazelnut, which was also very good, and the vanilla/chocolate chip. Super floral vanilla. Almost like eating vanilla flowers with high quality bitter chocolate shavings.

2 Likes

Saturday Brunch at Abigail’s In Hermosa. Good food, even better presentations.

Food:
Pao de Queijo - Brazilian ‘chewy n gooey’ cheezy poofs, whipped bacon maple butter.

Chinatown Steak & Eggs - Garlic fried rice, Fried egg, curried beef satay & peanuts. I didn’t try it. But the skewers looked tender, flavorful and there seemed to be shredded, pickled vedg on the rice. My friend loved it.

Huevos Ranchero con Chilaquiles - With house made chorizo, refried beans, fried egg, avocado & pico. I thought the beans were a little too refried (dry) and the whole thing could have used a little more sauce. The people who ordered it really enjoyed it, so…

Dirty Bird Benedict - Fried Chicken, poached egg, harissa hollandaise, sage biscuit, maple syrup, topped w/shoestring potatoes. It was delicious. The chicken breast was moist w/a nicely seasoned, crunchy fried coating. The biscuit was perfect to hold all the toppings. I just wish they weren’t timid with the harissa hollandaise. It needed more!

Drinks:
We had Mimosas, Old-fashions and a tasty beer (can’t remember name) from their small craft brewery.

Friends paid. But, I did a sneak peak… sue me. It looked to be about $124 + tip

9 Likes

##Pizzeria Mozza
Arancini balls
Chicken wings
Salad #pizzaisavegetable
Strawberry gelato pie

9 Likes

…later that evening with the kids. We went to see Nice Guys at The Grove and ate Fritzi Dogs in The Farmer’s Market.

Bird on a Wire - Turkey dog, Grilled peppers & onions and sweet mustard.

The Stadium - Beef dog w/relish, onions, mustard & ketchup.

Chili Dog

Chili Dog w/onions

Garlic Fries - They make great garlic aioli

Good thing the vegetarian showed up late and didn’t have to witness the carnage. He had already eaten and didn’t want any part of the Carrot Dog.

Lost the receipt - w/lemonades it was about $50.00.

We drove by El Chato truck on the way home - these kids can eat. But the line was insane. So we called it a night.

8 Likes

Fuck, those look the wurst

1 Like

Back at you @PorkyBelly. I must try the Mozza wings. We are always so focused on the pizzas. How was that strawberry gelato pie?

1 Like

Those Mozza wings may be the best thing on the menu!

The lasagne and the corn al Forno round out 3 things I like better than the pizza at Mozza.

@Porthos I was definitely eyeing that corn, but I already had two apps. Will have to try it next time.

@TheCookie the strawberry gelato was just right, the gelato and whipped cream was not too sweet, but it had some saba drizzled on top which gave it some sweetness.

1 Like

wait a minute, pizzeria mozza has lasagne???

They have Lasagna Verde only on Thursdays, I believe. It’s very good, but I like Angelini Osteria’s.

See, that’s what happens when you have tunnel vision at a restaurant. I always see people savoring the wings, as we’re trying to make up our minds about which pizzas we’re going to share.

Little Jewel cuz Howlin Rays is just too damn long and I was in a rush. I think Little Jewel owner needs to buy Chef Zone a beer, cuz three times I have been to Little Jewel because of the lines.

Soft shell crab poboy and crawfish Mac n cheese

Then CoFax, these donuts are some of the best in the city

8 Likes