May 2017 Weekend Rundown

Boneless? How the…? What the…? Inquiring minds want to know (my Phoenix claw crazy wife).

1 Like

Yeah pretty stunned myself. No bones!!! Bit pricy at $21 but worth it

How many chickens are stumbling around trying to peck on stubs because of your wanton desires?

3 Likes

Came from the same breed where Wingstop, BOA, Chili’s, et al. get their boneless chicken wings.

4 Likes

Jellychicken

I pity the fool that had to debone that

2 Likes

… or to form them out of chicken slime.

I’m okay with MSM as long as it’s local and organic.

1 Like

FIFY

1 Like

That Carnevale was a total surprise – it looked like it was going to be terribly bready, and then my teeth fell into that mass of delicious ricotta. Man! I could have stood a little more variety over the top, but what was there was delightful. Our only problem – we were with Dommy and the gang on that Sunday afternoon – was the little kids running around loose, yelling and stuff. Both of us were brought up from toddler-level on to behave in public, and have decided not to patronize places where this is allowed. So De Sano joins El Arco Iris on our No Go list. If worst comes to worst, maybe we’ll have to stick with cocktail bars? Damn, hate that …

1 Like

I’m so far behind w/ FTC that I don’t think I’ve read many (any?) of the last few months’ worth of weekend rundown. But here’s my contribution anyway. :slight_smile: Apologies if this overlaps w/ (text-only) posts in other threads.

Avalon Grille
There’s actually something decent to eat on the island. The food here is quite good and not unreasonably priced (vs. westside prices). Would happily eat here again.

Stopped in at Kagura on the way back from Catalina…

Popped my Pasta Sisters cherry in May.

Had some Kawamata while driving back up from Oceanside for a business trip.

Tried Popcorn Chicken for the first time last month. We love it.

Made it out to the Buddhist Festival. Gawd, it was hot. The soup doesn’t look like much, but it was redolent of mushrooms and tasted like wonderful home cooking. Zhong zi was also very good (@ipsedixit: is this your mama’s cooking???). I got the last one. Bwahahahahaha.

Panxa Cocina for a small family reunion. Wouldn’t drive across vast distance to go here, but the food was tasty, and the space worked well for our purpose.

6 Likes

No, mama ipsedixit was out of the country that weekend.

Glad to see you got to try the zongzi.

@J_L - any update on Morinoya?