May 2017 Weekend Rundown

Oh my!! Yeah, I can’t stand Salmon at all so it would NEVER occur to me to order that. I stick with the traditional diner fare and the grits…

1 Like

Is salmon grey? Their’s was… I almost - you know…

1 Like

You order salmon cakes at diners? Where do you think you are, Baltimore? Sheesh.

Duck prosciutto, with Normandy butter on baguette.

I’m at a Little League championship party, so the plating isn’t fancy, but damn, that is some nice charcuterie. From Surfas.

3 Likes

Ouch

Bear Flag’s Poke

[quote=“Pomsmoms, post:125, topic:5642”] this one is well-marinated
[/quote]It really looks it.

[quote=“hungryhungryhippos, post:128, topic:5642, full:true”]
Definitely the best thing at Shake Shack!
[/quote]You normally moderate guys are writing in caps and posting Brokeback Mountain clips about this sandwich. I’m sold. But could we get a little description? Chicken?

[quote=“Bookwich, post:129, topic:5642”]
Chicken fried steak with poached eggs; corned beef hash with eggs up; and a side salad in place of potatoes/toast.
[/quote]Oh yummly… Wait, screech, halt! Did you just right “a side salad in place of potatoes and toast”?

[quote=“Jase, post:131, topic:5642”]
Them’s fighting words.
[/quote]I agree. We should tar and feather her. Just kiddin’… kinda’.

I don’t know… this looks pretty good to me.

Courtesy of @JeetKuneBao.

2 Likes

Well… thanks! I hadn’t really thought of myself in those terms. Let’s just say I’m a lover of all things chicken. @Chowseeker1999 is the expert :wink:.

At first glance that probably looks like a tempting menu item: visions of moist salmon with a buttery, crispy exterior, under a poached egg or something; but not at a diner. Stick to the script :smiley:.

Right? If I had known she was going to write that I wouldn’t have piled on :kissing_heart:. But seee? This is what happens when you get spoiled by Gjusta - you forget where you are. Just ignore me; my east side jealousy is showing.

No reason to be jealous. Frankly, the Westside is a food desert compared to parts East of here. I should be the envious one!

As for @Bookwich, she was in full scold mode at that time of her posts. She was rubbing duck prosciutto and Normandy butter in my face while verbally lashing me for being a nitwit (of which I am 100% qualified). TG this is Food Talk Central, and not Firm Hand Central - my backside would be purple like a plum. :newspaper_roll::boom::exclamation::sweat:

No no, I’m in the same boat as you. :slight_smile: I’m not the expert. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yes, barely :joy: My little brother passed away, but he lived in the area and loved Dinah’s so my mother insists we go.

Too bad Roll N Rye closed, 'cause we loved that place.

Now open in TARZANA! It’s the best! Almond Corn & Mexican Hot Chocolate swirl with butterscotch rice krispies…

4 Likes

I cannot tell you how much we miss that place. And they replaced it with a Panera! That is such an insult.

2 Likes

At least (from what I heard) the owner wanted to retire and wasn’t forced out by rent increases, although that is small comfort.
I loved their Monte Cristo- yum.

1 Like

They made a navy bean soup that I bought by the quart for my dad. And their smoked fish, whitefish, trout, salmon, were really good, too.

I think the owner’s children weren’t interested in running the restaurant, which I understand; it can be a tough life, owning a small, family restaurant.

2 Likes