Michael's Pizza on Beverly!

That was my favorite.

Okay - I’m in. I’ll rec it to folks I know who live close to there. And put it on my list to hit when I am in that area.

FYI, if you are ever in Highland Park, Town Pizza on York does a really good plain cheese. My husband got two fancified slices, I was in love with my plain cheese slice, he took a bite and went “Okay, that’s good.”

1 Like

We are there sometimes. Thanks!

1 Like

Oh, and the outer crust (lip?) was nice and crunchy even after reheating.

whoa whoa whoa… hold up… Cookie is a girl!

Lolz. Someone’s world is rocked…

giphy

1 Like

A girl that likes pizza? move over husband!

This is so funny! I could still be a guy with a husband. :wink: But seriously, I’ve been wanting this subject to come up naturally - about how we talk to each other based on what gender we think the other is. And you, @Nemroz, were one of my reasons! I used to think you were female. Your photo of Javier Bardem in drag threw me off (funny btw). Anyway, I felt bad when I figured out you were male, because I had talked to you the way females talk to each other, but might come off as flirty to a guy. I always hoped if Mrs. Nemroz was a member she wasn’t pissed. But you thought I was a guy and you probably don’t remember anyway… Because you’re a guy! :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Note to char lovers, the 3 kinds we ordered had more char underneath than @AlwaysHungry’s slice.

Stopped by michaels and I didn’t love the white slice that I had. The cheese was old, dry and crusty and didn’t re melt properly. The crust was too crispy with no chew. Only highlight was the ricotta was nice and creamy. Pretty flavorless.

I only ordered the white slice because they didn’t have any tomato sauce based slices available. I’ll stop by again to give it another try at some point. But it seems I’m in the minority since at least based on my first impression I liked prime more.

2 Likes

Cheese is a major problem for me there. Confirmed this weekend during a drunken slice stop late night. Ended up enjoying the fresh mozza slice more just because of the cheese issue. It must either be lowfat low moisture cheese (absurdity) or preshreded or somethin. Crust is all crisp and no chew yep. I may have to give them some constructive feedback since it’s the shop closest to us.

2 Likes

I prefer low moisture mozzarella for pizza. Don’t @ me :wink:

1 Like

Copy & paste this thread on an email and send it to them.

I actually thought there was regular whole mozzarella (not fresh) and a low moisture mozza. i was wrong i think. @Bigmouth

2 Likes

I wasn’t the one to actually go to Michael’s, so can’t judge the location. But in my slice experience you need a lot of foot traffic to do slice-only. Otherwise, you end up with experiences like @hungryhungryhippos. Plus, getting it hot out of the oven shouldn’t be a rarity, even for a slice place.

…Let’s keep watching. I’m rootin’ for them.

I stopped in today and got a couple of slices, one pepperoni and one white.

The white slice was from a pie that had been out of the oven not more than a 5 or so minutes. They dalloped the ricotta on the whole pie, pulled my slice out and gently warmed in the oven.

My pepperoni slice was from a cheese pizza that had been sitting there half gone and it looked like it had been there a while, though it did not look “old” at all. They did the usual like other places, applied the pepperoni and threw it in the oven.

I should preface by saying that generally I cannot stand reheated slices. I almost would rather have a lukewarm or cold slice then one that’s been reheated.

The cheese was abundant and stretchy on both of my slices.

The white slice ($4.00) was exactly what I expected. The crust was chewy, slightly crispy though the back rim was pretty crunchy. But it was nice and garlicky and cheesy.

The pepperoni ($3.50) was… well… a reheated pepperoni slice. It worked out OK for the majority of the slice but the back rim was too crunchy and I was afraid it would be not so good for my teeth :slight_smile: but I thought it was not quite as tasty as a reheated Prime slice and not as good as a fresh slice from Prime. I think Prime’s pepperoni, sauce and cheese are more flavorful. I would like to try a Michaels pepperoni pie fresh from the oven, as I think it would be MUCH better, given my experience with the fresher white pie.

BTW, the slices here are bigger than those at Prime.

If I lived in the area, I would absolutely frequent Michael’s and both of the guys there were super nice!!

(I’m going to post this in the “pizza by the slice” thread too.

3 Likes

How much are slices?

$3.00-$4.00

Now you’re talkin’

1 Like

They claim to open at 11:00 am. I went there this morning at 11:15 and was told the first slice would not be ready until 11:45. That’s pretty rum!

2 Likes