Minetta Tavern - Black label burger

Lives up to the hype, damn good burger even at $33!!! Bar carries a terrific selection of Bourbon, ryes and Japanese whiskies. Made my list of essential NYC restaurants.

4 Likes

Had a good version of pot de creme. However group sitting next to me ordered a very promising looking chocolate souffle. Will do that next time.

1 Like

The Minetta Tavern burger is great. Simplicity at its finest.

Nowadays I reall think the Au Cheval at 4 Charles Prime Rib (hold the cheese) has one upped the Minetta Tavern Black Label creation. And Emily burger is pretty good too, as the dry aged funk is more pronounced than in the Black Label.

1 Like

That for the recs, the Prime rib looks good too. Emily has a branch in Manhattan, yay!

Minetta is one of the best burgers I have eaten in that style.

1 Like

The dry aged cote de boeuf is pretty great too

3 Likes

Tried Emily burger over the weekend. Thought there was way too much “special sauce” and overwhelmed everything else.

The first time I had the Emily burger, it was amazing, but the second time, I thought it was way too salty. Maybe it just is not very consistent?

I tried the Minetta black label a while ago and thought it was good but not really worth the price tag.

Yeah sounds like they might be struggling with consistency; my patties were very well done. @jntcho What are your favorite burgers in the city?

I’ll admit that I haven’t had that many burgers in the city, so far the good Emily burger is actually my favorite. But others I’ve liked are the PJ Clarkes and shack stack haha. The juicy lucy at Fuku was also good. I should eat more burgers…

1 Like

Shake shack is the equivalent of LA’s In-n-Out in NYC :smile:

Um. I love in n out. Not ashamed to admit it haha :smiley:

yeah local favorites, affordable and good! lines all day long.