Miscellaneous reports - Rome

Went a few years back. Impression was the noodles were a touch less al dente than those of elsewhere we ate at. It was good and full of locals, with a neighborhood feel, but it sounds like now it’ll be frequented by more tourists with the way travel in Europe has become.

FWIW, we liked Perilli, Santo Palato, and Armando al Pantheon. All were good and enjoyable, and our party agreed that for a return visit, it kind of depends on what’s convenient. Da Cesare was a little out of the way for us. The pastas themselves were very good though.

bucatini all’amatriciana

rigatoni carbonara

tonarelli cacio e pepe

trippa alla romana

emidio pepe

2 Likes

Appreciate the reply! And nice photos.

I actually did go to Cesare last time in Rome. Liked our meal but wasn’t blown away, hence the curiosity/what others think. To your point, for the neo-trattoria roman classics, preferred both Santo Palato and Trecca. Armando I missed. Next time. And Bonci.

I flagged it on Google Maps eight years ago because it would be a convenient place to eat after a walk in the Villa Doria Pamphili park, but haven’t been. There are so many good places with similar menus.

1 Like