My Restaurant Was the Greatest Show of Excess You’d Ever Seen, and It Almost

Frank discussion about alcoholism in the food industry.

2 Likes

Good for them for speaking up/out.

1 Like

That’s funny, from the headline I immediately thought about the Joe Beef guys.

I was and still am very insecure about anybody coming to the restaurant and not having a spectacular meal. I want people to drink and eat to excess . I promote it.

Really looking forward to having two meals there soon.

0 Likes

Why would you want to have two meals there?

0 Likes

Why would I want to have only two meals there?

1 Like

From what I’ve read, Toronto has a ton of great food. I’ve had favorite restaurants over the years but when visiting I don’t think I’ve ever eaten at one twice. So much food, so little time.

0 Likes

0 Likes

Yeah? So their menu is on a blackboard.

0 Likes

And full of things you’ll rarely see outside of France, many of which are hard to find there.

0 Likes

To each his own.

0 Likes

They book up months in advance. I can always cancel the second one in the unlikely event I don’t want to go back a few weeks later.

3 Likes

Ah, gotcha. After a few weeks, hoping that it’s wonderful, then I can sure see that. Have fun.

0 Likes

first of all, joe beef is in montreal, not toronto.

and yes, two meals at joe beef in close proximity will probably kill you but not weeks apart. if i lived in montreal i’d eat there once a month.

i’m looking forward to eating there again myself in june (reservation is in).

robert: if you’re eating alone ask the server if they can put together a “tasting menu” of half portions for you. otherwise, finishing even one main on your own will become an unpleasant affair. it’s a restaurant best gone to in a group of 4-5 people.

0 Likes

Which day in June?

0 Likes

that’s classified information.

1 Like

Oops, Montreal not Toronto.

0 Likes