My Restaurant Was the Greatest Show of Excess You’d Ever Seen, and It Almost

Frank discussion about alcoholism in the food industry.

2 Likes

Good for them for speaking up/out.

1 Like

That’s funny, from the headline I immediately thought about the Joe Beef guys.

I was and still am very insecure about anybody coming to the restaurant and not having a spectacular meal. I want people to drink and eat to excess . I promote it.

Really looking forward to having two meals there soon.

Why would you want to have two meals there?

Why would I want to have only two meals there?

1 Like

From what I’ve read, Toronto has a ton of great food. I’ve had favorite restaurants over the years but when visiting I don’t think I’ve ever eaten at one twice. So much food, so little time.

Yeah? So their menu is on a blackboard.

And full of things you’ll rarely see outside of France, many of which are hard to find there.

To each his own.

They book up months in advance. I can always cancel the second one in the unlikely event I don’t want to go back a few weeks later.

3 Likes

Ah, gotcha. After a few weeks, hoping that it’s wonderful, then I can sure see that. Have fun.

first of all, joe beef is in montreal, not toronto.

and yes, two meals at joe beef in close proximity will probably kill you but not weeks apart. if i lived in montreal i’d eat there once a month.

i’m looking forward to eating there again myself in june (reservation is in).

robert: if you’re eating alone ask the server if they can put together a “tasting menu” of half portions for you. otherwise, finishing even one main on your own will become an unpleasant affair. it’s a restaurant best gone to in a group of 4-5 people.

Which day in June?

that’s classified information.

1 Like

Oops, Montreal not Toronto.