Nightshade

Thanks for letting us know!

1 Like

Thanks for the heads up. The earliest table I can reserve right now is 9:30pm. LOL

1 Like

https://nightshadela.com/menu/

2 Likes

It’s really rare that I come across a restaurant where I want every single thing on the menu but here we are.

5 Likes

General Tso’s octopus…wow…

1 Like

Now open. The food reminds me of an asian inspired ink, creative with lots of strong and bold asian flavors.

shigoku oysters, passion fruit vinaigrette
Looks like a lot of vinaigrette but it paired well and didn’t overpower the oysters.

tom yum onion, coconut dip
When a bloomin’ onion meets a bag of hint of lime tostitos, in a good way. the light and airy coconut dip balanced things out. I shall coin it the yummy tom yum allium.

nantucket bay scallops, coconut vinaigrette, ginger, coriander
tart and sweet with a bit of heat.

beef tartare, sesame, egg yolk jam, kochukaru
really liked the drops of the egg yolk jam and black garlic.

tamarind glazed baby carrots, toasted coconut, carrot top emulsion

sunchokes, persimmon mole, seeded granola
Reminded me of the fried butterball potatoes at majordomo.

shrimp toast, cantonese curry
curry tasted like a less spicy crab curry from luv2eat.

lasagna, pork ragu, tofu cream, prickly ash
This was delicious and a brilliant fusion of dishes. This should be the signature dish.

szechuan hot quail, japanese milk bread, house pickles
nicely cooked quail with a howlin’ ray’s medium level of heat.

coconut mousse, pineapple, coconut lime granita, nata de coco
she put the pineapple in the lime and she put the lime in the coconut. i put the coconut in the mouth.

almond sorbet, mandarin ice

not toto

17 Likes

Nice report as always @PorkyBelly! :slight_smile: Looks interesting and tasty. Good to know that most of the dishes were enjoyable.

1 Like

That is the most gorgeous food i’ve seen in ages.

3 Likes

Thanks, @PorkyBelly! The dishes with coconut…how prominent is the coconut flavor? I’m not a particular fan of coconut. It can run a little too saccharine for me.

1 Like

that may be the sexiest blooming onion ever.

Not Toto though so Nightshade is dead to me.

3 Likes

Lol! Matsuhisa has the nicest Toto I’ve ever seen in the dumpiest bathroom. Super nasty.

Nightshade is really great, I suspect it’ll land on a lot of best-of lists for 2019. Can’t wait to go back

1 Like

Gorgeous presentation (and pics)!

Now I feel like I must go to there (for that and the sunchokes).

1 Like

besides the dessert, the coconut wasn’t too strong or sweet, just something you can taste in the background.

2 Likes

It looks amazing! How are the prices? The online menu doesn’t show prices, which I find very annoying.

Looks like Nightshade is going to be a very hard reservation.

Hopefully it tastes better than Ink. While Ink was creative and probably ahead of it’s time, the flavors never wowed me.

They must have removed the prices online for some reason, pretty sure they were there earlier. Anyway here’s the opening menu.

2 Likes

you wanna run that by me again? you must go there for the crab curry even though it’s less spicy than luv2eat? :stuck_out_tongue:

Honestly, these seem like pretty fair prices for this kind of restaurant.

5 Likes