Nightshade

Wow that duck.

2 Likes

How much will that whole duck set one back? I don’t see any menu prices online (or even a menu with that duck).

Hot damn! That duck! I need that in my life.

4 Likes

Nice @PorkyBelly!

Is leche de tigre (tiger’s milk) a new or retro-new thing in restaurants or am I just noticing it? (rhetorical question) I just saw it as a sauce on Animal’s menu too. Looked it up. Ceviche Juice!

1 Like

The duck is an off-menu special that needs to be ordered about two weeks in advance. It’s $128 pre- tax, tip, parking, gas, duck processing admin fee, duck daycare fee, and duck education fee.

7 Likes

Not new but perhaps getting trendy.

1 Like

wait is the duck getting educated or am I the one being educated?

The duck got private schooled

But, under California law, it’s education was not force-fed.

2 Likes

Tried out a few new dishes and overall they were pretty good, but i wouldn’t order them over the lasagna, shrimp toast, tagliatelle, or peking duck.

(new) oregon albacore, charred jimmy nardello peppers, tomato ponzu
this was pretty good, the peppers, ginger and scallion, and sweet onions were a nice complement and didn’t overpower the fish.

(special) miso corn agnolotti, shrimp and lobster sauce, rock shrimp
the miso corn agnolotti was great; unfortunately the sauce was too salty and ginger-y and i didn’t like all the parsley and cilantro, but they were easily avoidable.

(new) branzino, chive ginger, szechuan chili, bone broth, served with bibb lettuce
an obvious play or homage to contramar’s pescado a la talla. the fish was nicely cooked and even the skin was crispy. chef mei isn’t playing around with the szechuan chili, it had quite a kick to it. there was nothing really wrong with the dish, it just didn’t wow me.

guava, cream cheese, white chocolate
there was strawberry sorbet and some kind of crumble underneath that i liked.

after-dinner bang

queen margherita add sausage
i may have enjoyed this more than my first dinner. @TheCookie

8 Likes

Her food reminds me of New Orleans. A lot.

The topping looks crispy, melty, delicious.

1 Like
2 Likes
5 Likes

Oh, damn, that sounds good.

I’m putting that 1 hour crunchiness to the test for SURE. taking it from silverlake back home to orange county and we’ll see about it (i’ll be sure to report back for you guys)

4 Likes

I feel so sorry for people like this. Just opened up a promising restaurant and then this happened.

2 Likes