November 2017 Weekend Rundown

Volume differences are immediately apparent. Also, the mainlanders “roll” their enunciation tone more.

I think you’re confusing them w/ people speaking Cantonese (ooh, sorry). I also think people w/ a Beijing accent sound so sophisticated. :slight_smile:

Hong Kongers are the New Yorkers of Asia. Beijingers are famous for pushing the “err” to the back of their throats, reminding me of pirate speak.

1 Like

CoFax stopped the pastrami burritos, replaced them with hot link burritos (hot links from Bludso’s). Pretty interesting take on a BB, but disappointment for those hoping they were still serving the Ugly Drum stuff.

Oh really? That’s a boooo right there. do they plan on bringing it back?

No outright denial, but it seems like not really, it was a limited time thing :frowning:

It was always a limited time deal. I believe they used to do them only one day a week. They also used to post on IG when they were going to have the Ugly Drum pastrami, which made the wait times pretty unbearable. But this was a while ago, not sure what has changed since.

And IMO, the smoked hot link goes better with the ingredients of the breakfast burrito.

If anyone is interested

8 Likes

I wonder if the latkes are loaded with the pastrami??

1 Like

lmao i’m def going

If we were in town that week, we would so be there.

The Shack, Playa del Rey. One of my zucchini sticks has a smiley face.

They added popcorn shrimp to the menu, so I got 1/2 and 1/2 zucchini and shrimp. People usually order burgers here, but the fried food is really good, the batter is crunchy and they keep the oil at the right temperature so the food is never greasy. Now if they would only add fried clams, then I could pretend I’m at an East Coast clam shack.

3 Likes

I forgot what month it was. This belongs in December @ipsedixit. Thank you.

1 Like

oops, forgot to answer this. at the time they were only offering the pastrami in their breakfast burrito.

1 Like