November 2018 Weekend Rundown

I get the taro tofu pudding with grass jelly, red beans and melon jelly and I can’t stop eating these damn things. Not sure why I like it so much, but I do.

Breakfast at Huge Tree. Haven’t had this in awhile.

4 Likes

Thanks @A5KOBE. It sounds like you already had more flavor than the dessert I got: Real chunks of taro?, red beans and melon jelly sound pretty nice. If I ever go back there on my next visit to the SGV I might try it if the lines aren’t too long. Thanks.

What is “this”?

Maybe an acquired taste? The tofu pudding really goes to hell as far as eye appeal.

And another picture after two days. :joy:

Pro Tip: use the self serve kiosk and skip the lines.

1 Like

Sounds like a lovely, oyster loving day!

1 Like

I must have missed that debate… but that is f-ing hilarious!

That is f-ing hilarious too!

1 Like

I agree!

I object with fully revealing posts about spots that are fun to discover the interior of. I love taking people to Apotheke and watch their eyes line up. Always liked the music played but the djs vary, even saw a full brass band once. Let’s leace a bit of mystery ey? Especially so for speakeasy styles places. Also your use of the term EDM is telling. And most people like that it’s loud and full of energy, it’s kind of why they go. Agree on cocktails. I just drink things straight there.

with respect

Is it really made with grass?

First one looks like a beef roll, second one probably has another name, but looks like a breakfast burrito and the third one beats me, but I’m curious.

You should also complain to the Apotheke management and while you’re at it the web designer for posting pictures of the “mystery” interiors on their website. If that doesn’t work you should order your friends not to google search or go on the website.

P.S. @Chowseeker1999 the place sounds like my worst nightmare.

1 Like

People don’t normally look photos up of a bar before going to it. Including my friends/date who i just take there. I dont even tell them the name. But if they’re browsing a food board that has reviews and happen to see it then… well there it is. It’s not a big deal. Not everything needs to be on front street. Apotheke is amazing. Thanks @Helper_Monkey and @TonyC for showing it to me… without telling me where we’re going

I see words here but I can’t quite comprehend what you’re saying.

Seriously though, you and your crew may not, but…

2 Likes

Just joshin’ ya’. :wink: I’ve seen peeps complain that they want to see more interior photos to gauge the atmosphere. Not wanting interior pictures of a bar or restaurant on a food board is a new one. Humans, we’re so complex, lol.

Speakeasy bars are a different story lol. Yall aren’t drinking enough. Don’t ruin the surprises! Really pisses me off when a friend just blurts out yea, in that bar you go under a prostitute’s bed to enter the space… :slight_smile:

2 Likes

My dude. If in 2018 a speakeasy can’t make a decent cocktail, then I need to know so I don’t waste my time on the pretty pretty.

Daddy needs a drink. A good drink.

Also, if in 2018 a speakeasy is playing EDM, then I need to know so I don’t self-immolate and ruin everyone’s gram. Brass bands are the truth, though, so I’m actually torn right now.

5 Likes

Funny!

More funny!