November 2018 Weekend Rundown

i’m sorry. the tone was supposed to be lighthearted. happy to be wrong and learn. it’s surprising there was a vegas style edm sound there at any point but i believe you

1 Like

Uh, yes, of course… Quite remarkably, it’s coming up in my Netflix queue, right after “Jackass 2”.

3 Likes

That Alexa, she hears everything.

Probably best to not watch while eating. Um, it’s not nyotaimori (I had to look it up, not something I’m familiar with!), but it’s a bizarre film that takes some metaphors pretty damn literally. Shades of Buñuel, Lynch, Bergman…dark AF.

Usually I’m drinking some Old Ale when watching such films…

I don’t doubt Apotheke plays a variety of music - including EDM, why not? - but I kinda expect a place with a cool name and decor like that to be playing things like:

thread derail…I’ll post food later this weekend.

Lol… I actually DID get a chance to screen the Estonian entry for the 2010 Academy Awards for Best Foreign Film (I have a relative who is a voting member of the Academy), but Shunji-san was serving aged honmaguro akami that night, so…

2 Likes

I have no clue, I just know I like it.:joy:

2 Likes

Good thing you guys decided to go off the rails on the Weekend Rundown thread.

Milk tea mcflurry

Angus beef burger with Bolognese and fried egg

If only all MCD’s serve a good burger like this one…

5 Likes

What were your favorite breakfast items there? Thanks!

1 Like

i said sorry :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:@all

3 Likes

Can’t speak for @JeetKuneBao

But I enjoy the black rice fan tuan (sticky rice roll with stuff inside), radish cake with egg, and salty dou jiang (silky tofu) and you tiao (breadstick cruller).

1 Like

Thanks @hungryhungryhippos. For the “black rice fan tuan” is that made with black rice grains? Or is it like seaweed folded in? Thanks!

Pretty sure it’s purple black sticky rice

1 Like

Iberico Pork Char Siu from Tin Lung Heen in Hong Kong :yum:

12 Likes

You win

That might be the most delicious picture I seen on FTC.

1 Like

Kind words from you! Some might find the lack of char on the char siu a flaw but it was easily the best rendition I had. Succulent. Meaty. Delicate. Flavorful.

Staycation this week = Weekend, right? :slight_smile:

Caught the colossal Monday Night Rams-Chiefs game at Father’s Office (Culver City)…

Bang-bang at Pasta Sisters afterwards: Porcini mushroom pappardelle & apricot pie…

Flavorful kashk bademjan with outstanding lubia polo & chelo kabob koobideh, followed by bamieh and a nice Sadaf tea, at Shaherzad (Tehrangeles)…

Quick breakfast at Fiona (Fairfax): Luxurious sesame butter, with sesame brioche, Japanese black & golden sesame paste, sea salt, and honey, paired with hot ginger honey-lemon toddy…

Went to the (SoCal) OG Din Tai Fung (Arcadia) before catching the Moonlight Forest Lantern Art Show at the Arboretum up the street…

Fuerdai-mobile: A dime a dozen in the SGV…

18 Likes

It was all going so well until you posted a pic of the Urus…

2 Likes

One is tolerable. It gets exponentially obnoxious when the 'chute kids travel in packs.

Maybe the Michelin glutton got it right this time?

#extracrispy #extrafluffy #cooktoorder

5 Likes

Had to downgrade my AMG G-series and shlep around in one of these instead. Recent dip in the stock market, you know…