November Weekend Run-down (2015)

That looks luscious. How was it Porthos? :smile:

Gone in 60 seconds good. Really moist and not too sweet.

Salmon poke from Ohana Poke Co. was so good last weekend that I went again on Saturday. The salmon was plentiful and oh so tender. I also got a jasmine iced tea from Boba Time.

I had a fontina and avocado sandwich from Sopressata. The bread had an excellent chew. Matcha pudding from Mitsuwa was a fine desert.

PFC

Memphis hot

Original

Skillet cornbread

3 Likes

@A5KOBE nice! How do you like their fried chicken compared to others around LA / OC?

P_______ F____ C______
P_______ Fried Chicken?
Ah crap - I giveā€¦

I liked it a lot. PFC was unique in flavor and really tender, crispy exterior, and one of the dipping sauces tasted sort of Thai chili-esque. My only small criticism is that the chicken was room temp, but that really was better for to scarf down the chicken faster. The original had what tasted like a BBQ rub, almost like a rib dust that one would put on Memphis dry ribs. The other, was a Memphis dipped which had a nice amount of heat but totally different to the offering from Howlin Rays. It was ā€œdarkā€ tasting, that is best I can describe it. Cornbread was moist with good texture and crispy edges and bording too sweet but a nice change up to the heat of the hot chicken.

Oh yeah, just remembered, they do a 10 piece cut so you donā€™t get wings in the 8 piece. Another small criticism but the taste delivered so what the hell.

Think of a popular DTSA restaurant.

D___ T___ S____ A______

Can I buy a vowel?

I need to venture out to the OC more. I didnā€™t even know that PFC existed. Thanks for posting about it, @A5KOBE!

Burgerlordā€™s deep fries their burgers? Or is that just a weird mess of fried onions + cheese creating that illusion?

Sure I take PMT in MBMC ribs.

1 Like

Those are the grilled onions. It does look odd though.

This thinking thing is messing up my day.

Playground Fried Chicken

DownTown Santa Ana

PayMenT

Maple Blockā€¦ Maple Blockā€¦

1 Like

Good thing we donā€™t hang people anymore.

Just lethal injection. Sort of.

1 Like

Thanks for the report back!! I totally forgot about this place opening and look forward to heading over soon! I am excited more about this menu than HanJip.

ā€“Dommy!

In Saudi Arabia they still do public beheadings. lol

Tough crowd tonight.

You guys lost me on this whole fucking discussion.

Friday: Takuma. I love the soboro rice (tastes like home cooking to me). Soba + chicken w/ sesame sauce was also nice. Theyā€™re now pounding out the 1-lb chicken a little bit, and itā€™s got a nice spicy kick to it.

Sunday: Truxtonā€™s. First time there. Had the chilaquiles. Never had the Pepyā€™s Gallery version, so I canā€™t compare. This was good, although I couldā€™ve used more cheese. Nice to find a fairly reasonably priced brunch place in Santa Monica that still has a (relatively) nice interior ambiance.

1 Like