NYC trip 2016. anything else to add to this list?

BTW, not that it would be a deal breaker, but it was mentioned in this thread that the Peter Luger’s burger deal is $12, but they must have recently upped the price cuz it’s now $14.95 (plus a buck or two on top of that to add cheese and/or bacon).

Nice report @President_Mochi

The best thing about the Luger burger is the bacon, which is an extra $4.50.

And, for what it’s worth, I think the Luger burger has been 14.95 for a couple of years now.

Rats. That bacon does look insane.

Pic found via Google images

thanks all for your feedback. I was able to go to more than I expected, but still not as much as I had hoped for. That Sunday night halal did not sit well on Monday morning.

Best Bagel - So much better than Ess-A-Bagel…

Refer to the “Nakazawa” thread for more Nakazawa pics

Keste

Dominique Ansel

Prince St Pizza

99c Fresh Pizza

5 Likes

Torishin

In case you wanted to know what $12 worth of pickles looks like…

Marea

6 Likes

Luke’s Lobster

[placeholder for roll pictures]

Juliana’s

Pastrami Queen

53rd/6th Halal

Kuro-Obi

Shake Shack - Terminal 4 - missing pick of the Chicken Shack which was fucking AMAZING. Leagues better than Chickfila.

7 Likes

Looks like a nice lineup.

Thanks for sharing!

Saccos

Chinatown Durian Vendor - no I did not partake.

4 Likes

Great pics.

How did you like Torishin? That was probably the main one I wish I’d been able to go to. And those pics made me wish I had made it up to Pastrami Queen.

I would either go to select counter or sit at the bar and eat. The truly mindblowing stuff was the medium rare chicken breast. The rest was for the most part good but did not reach nearly the same heights. The pork belly was actually a crime - I had to spit my piece out it was so damn chewy. They have “special” skewers that you are not allowed to order unless you order the omakase (which is different than the select omakase). We were also packed like sardines in the mezzanine dining room.

I mean from a QPR perspective, the meal was only marginally less than Marea, and Marea was substantially better in all aspects. I am led to believe the michelin *'d select counter @Torishin is a vastly different experience than eating in the dining room.

Btw, Pastrami Queen was one of my top 5 on that visit.

1 Like

Interesting. Good to know.

And I believe you re: Pastrami Queen. I stared at those pics as if my computer froze.

1 Like

Now you’re going to be one of those a holes always talking about how good the food in NYC is… :wink:

1 Like

My opinion of NYC has increased significantly after this trip - I just need my bank account to catch up.

so…best Sicilian slice in LA?

:smiley:

3 Likes

Tomato Pie

But if you have to have a slice, then Village Pizzeria

Yeah TP is my benchmark for NY style pizza in LA. I gotta go back for some of their Sicilian.

If you’re a sucker for Sicilian style pies, try Artichoke some time.

@Ns1 nice recap!

Ansel is cranking much fancier stuff than I imagined.

NYC definitely excels in European continent fare and high end Japanese gems. I think it’s a great dining city. IMO if money is not an object - NYC > LA > SF

1 Like

You really don’t have to though. At least here.