OC Peeps: The Halal Guys Are Opening in Costa Mesa in 2 Weeks

It might be just the very distinctive sauce and the export from NY.

Kind of like the huge fucking Cronut craze.

It is good, but I have eaten at random carts in SoHo and Chelsea that are comparable in taste. I can assure you it is not even worth a 30 min wait.

Line was to the street. No thank you.

Yep. Except I continued on Bristol, without slowing down, made a right and went to Super A’s for some chile verde.

I ended up at J Zhou since I had to go to Whole Foods anyways. Waited 10 minutes for our table.

Is it not possible to just call in an order and pick it up without waiting in the line?

You’re killing me, Porthos. I’m working in Brea now and can’t get my ramen fix as often as I’d like. I think Kitakata is the front runner for me. Zetton is also right up there.

I honestly think we are 1-2 years away from better Asian options showing up in the North OC area (Brea/Yorba Linda). There is a real lack of any good options outside of Super Juicy which is just ok.

The 20 minute drive to GG, Buena or Rowland Heights isn’t terrible but there are a lot of Asian people moving to the area due to schools.

Despite the name, What’s Up Men is actually pretty good ramen:

http://www.yelp.com/biz/whats-up-men-fullerton-2

1 Like

Yeah, I’ve been there several times. Not bad at all. I also like Kopan Ramen in downtown Fullerton.

I wasn’t a fan of Super Juicy. Too sweet for me. Luckily, I don’t live too far from DTF, so we get in there fairly often.

Drove by Halal Guys today at 1:45. The line wasn’t that bad - maybe 25 people deep. If I didn’t just eat lunch at Taco Maria I might have braved the line.