October 2018 Weekend Rundown

When you live in the suburbs, it almost seems as if all the cool places are far away. I feel the same thing about trekking into the city for dining adventures.

1 Like

Maybe I won’t have what she’s having.

The food or the place?

I pass this place all the time. When you guys do those signs it confuses me. Do you like the chicken?

“The greater-than sign is a mathematical symbol that denotes an inequality between two values. The widely adopted form of two equal-length strokes connecting in an acute angle at the right, > , has been found in documents dated as far back as the 1560s. In typical mathematical usage, the greater-than sign is typically placed between the two values being compared and signals that the first number is greater than the second number”

2 Likes

Yes their chicken is awesome and reheats really well.

1 Like

Furikake chicken, kalbi short ribs, mac salad, and rice from Island Flavor Cafe in Torrance. One of my new favorites out of the 10 billion Hawaiian restaurants here in the South Bay.

12 Likes

Shhh… Let’s keep it a secret shall we?! :wink:

1 Like

That is a damn good looking Plate Lunch!!!

If you get a chance try out Matiki Island BBQ in Anaheim!!!

2 Likes

It’s okay nothing to shout about.

2 Likes

Okay, let me see if I’m understanding this correctly.

Who is smarter? 5th grader >>>> Me

1 Like

in this case it looks like you’re saying
5th grader “greater than greater than greater than greater than” Me

Okay, then maybe just one ‘greater than’. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

It looks a little like Golden Bird fried chicken?

What??? We have exactly ONE in my zip code and it’s Hawaiian Ono. Huh!

1 Like

The Hawaiian diaspora in L.A. rests squarely in the South Bay.

2 Likes

I guess so!

Newport Beach

Chicken Maison

Kean Coffee

Chicken Maison has to be one of the best small casual chains!!

8 Likes

It’s on my list! I keep seeing pictures of those awesome looking beef ribs everywhere!

Hell yeah.

Hah. Way too late for that. It’s constantly packed. :grin:

2 Likes

Uh oh @moonboy403 :grin:

It’s the Mary’s Organic. Organic chicken doesn’t have as much flavor as a good vegetarian-fed, free-range chicken (too lean?), you have to really punch up the flavor.

…But, wait, are you allowed to say things like this? Where’s @Chowseeker1999? Don’t come after me Chowseeker, my luv. I still :heart: HR’s. It’s the best! :grimacing:

2 Likes