Origin of BangBang?

I like “food crawl” also. And agree with you about the rape connotation to “bang.”

As an aside, it you just take a few bites, folks, please tell me that you take the rest home with you for additional meal(s).

1 Like

Or you could look on the bright side.

Bang on thee drum all day

The nice thing about language is that it’s democratic.
You graze or crawl along as you wish.
I shall continue to bang on.

2 Likes

I love TRex! Thanks for FIFY.

Thank you for giving me an excuse to post this! It’s a brief clip I shot at Lower Eats Side last month. Not only is the band playing Bang Bang, it’s an ideal grazing/crawling opportunity.

1 Like

My head LITERALLY exploded with joy upon reading this.

2 Likes

I was going to use that exact .gif, but didn’t know if the gore would be appreciated here.

Fun fact: this shot was accomplished by building an artificial headfull of gunk and blowing it up with a shotgun behind it, basically doing an Old Yeller style back of the head shot.

The effects guys had tried a bunch of other methods (compressed air, internal explosives) but all of them ended up being too complex and fragile to work properly. So… blam

Now, how to justify a .gif of the TV eating James Woods in Videodrome.

3 Likes

Well, yeah.

Eating lightly at one place so you have some appetite left to eat lightly at the next place is NOT a bang bang.

3 Likes

Rad! Didn’t know that.

Cronenberg is one of my favorites.

I definitely agree with @frommtron and @robert here.
A “Bang Bang” cannot, in my mind, be disassociated from gluttony. The Louie clip is comedy gold. Had me rolling…

My reaction to many posts in the Bang Bang thread:

Because what they call “Bang Bangs” are at the most…

Pop Pops.

2 Likes

Isn’t that the point of a bang bang? To eat multiple dishes/meals from different places back to back? By definition, that’s what it is.

5 Likes

A gourmand rather than a gourmet. To each his/her own.

They are not mutually exclusive, particularly on FTC.

4 Likes

It’s clear that it is the point. I find the idea repulsive but others should do what they enjoy.

Just one meent, monsieur? Eet’s waffaire theen!

5 Likes

That’s disgusting.

That’s comedy.

3 Likes

Ever heard the saying “don’t yuck my yum”?

5 Likes

You’re not supposed to enjoy it.