Origin of BangBang?

I surmised that your reply would be something to this effect. I’ll make sure I recommend your beatification to the pope.

7 Likes

I also bang bang by convenience/location. If I’m in a part of town that is a bit out of the way, I’ll try to make the most of it by hitting up a couple spots. Usually to try specific things, too. Not just to have multiple meals. So for me, the bang bang is less about gluttony, and more about maximizing my flavor experiences divided by time multiplied by distance traveled, carry the one (me).

4 Likes

It’s often the best way to BangBang.

Bang on! And do whatever you like with your extra unconsumed food, for I (unlike some other people) don’t give a single fuck about what you do with your food, because that’s your business.

5 Likes

But no one cares about your aversion to the thread… No one is forcing you to partake in bang banging or even reading the thread. If this thread bothers you so much then don’t fucking read it. Jesus Christ.

5 Likes

Really poor comparison. Joey Chestnut makes a living as a competitive eater. His success is based on how much he eats of one particular food item within a given time period. It’s not based on quality or enjoyment. If you really think that eating 72 hot dogs in 10 minutes is the same as someone on this board bang-banging, I think you’ve been wasting your time here.

5 Likes

Sounds like you “graze” rather than bang bang, which I totally get.

These replies are hilarious IMneverHO!!! What I like to do or not doesn’t have a thing to do with what you like to do or not. I did however have a tiny aha moment. This kerfuffle certainly shows that the difference between NorCal and SoCal remain alive and well. Bang on, kids!

I don’t think I’ve ever bang-banged for its own sake. I used to do it sometimes when traveling to squeeze in more meals and sometimes had to do it when I was writing restaurant reviews.

I can’t muster the appetite to do it any more. The meal is over when I’m full.

What does this have to do with anything? Dragging in a whole geographic region to support your own view is rediculous. It is you. Waiting…

7 Likes

Could you guys please drop this boring tangent?

Fair enough.

But w should be clear because the context of language matters. The FTC-style Bang Bang is not the Louie Bang Bang.
Like Mexican and Spanish tortilla, these things are different.

4 Likes

To me it means the gluttonous consumption of full meals in two different restaurants a la the original. People should not misuse it as a synonym for grazing.

3 Likes

You are fighting a battle you have already lost, my friend. Just letting you know.

1 Like

Words mean what people understand them to mean. Which is why all of our heads can now LITERALLY explode several times a day and yet we keep posting.

Don’t gotta like the world, but you gotta live in it.

2 Likes

Well, it IS his site :slight_smile:

A few years ago two CH friends, my husband and I did a food crawl through Flushing one morning. Four or five places. A bite or two at each. Over several hours. Never felt FULL. Grazed.

Nope.

Yes. We all know this. Keep up. I’m the one who pointed out the original meaning in this thread.

Irregardless, I’m literally laughing my ass off at someone suggesting we use grazing, which used to strictly apply to cattle, instead of a word that has evolved in this site naturally.

I’m sure Wilford Milquetoast was equally miffed when we started using awful to mean bad. Or to that point, when bad started meaning good.

Semantic drift, my dear. It’s like railing against the tide. You’re welcome to it, if it makes you feel clever.

Anyway, I clearly have to much time on my hands. I’ll retire from this thread and plan my next BANG BANG!

5 Likes

I’m not suggesting that anyone use a different word to describe gorging on food. I thought there were people here who use b-b when they really meaning stopping for bits and bites. THEY are the ones who probably didn’t even know they were misusing the word.

Speaking of words,

LOL