Pasadena Updates

No way! My parents were there with you?!

1 Like

Hahaha Iā€™m just shouting out FTCā€™s robust SGV game

1 Like

They havenā€™t added the menu, but website looks pretty good. False advertising. :confused:

1 Like

iā€™ve visited the recently opened san gabriel branch as few times. if the price & quality are comparable, this would be a big deal. iā€™m partial the four item cold plate myself.

and the beef noodle soup isnā€™t bad

1 Like

I visited the newly opened Pasadena branch and give it two thumbs up. Pretty roomy inside considering the space. Definitely catered to the Chinese PCC students. The food is comparable to any of the similar places youā€™d find 10 minutes south. I got the beef tendon noodle soup and the texture of the noodles were perfect, tendon was soft, soup was plenty spicy when I requested ā€œmedium spice.ā€ My colleagues got the dan dan mian and the vegetable cold noodle and both of them were quite happy.

I am glad to see decent Chinese spots opening up in Pasadena.

According to Yelp ( https://m.yelp.com/biz/king-of-ramen-pasadena-pasadena), King of Ramen, located at the northeast corner of Colorado and Sierra Madre Blvds (in where Lupitaā€™s is, and with Plate 38 on the corner) is now open.

Some veg options on the menu so will stop in at some point - not being a ramen aficionado, am not the best person to comment on authenticity, etc.

Menu:
http://www.kingoframen.com/menu---pasadena.html

Company ā€œoriginā€ story:

2 Likes

sichuan is coming to old town, of all places, chong qing yao mei filed as a business about a month ago and now boasts a storefront on the north side of green street west of fair oaks.

1 Like

Not since Yujean Kangā€¦

1 Like

Just noticed thereā€™s a Kopan Ramen now open on Colorado, kinda on the eastern edge of old town, by BJā€™s. Yelp pictures look like a lot of people are ordering sushi rolls, so Iā€™m not brave enough to go and try their ramen.

kopan is good if you like 1 note tonkotsu broth.

1 Like

Itā€™s ok. I think Tatsunoya which is ~6 blocks away is better.

1 Like

Thanks for the intel. Tatsunoya is in the category of ā€œIt gets the job done if I donā€™t want to drive anywhere far from workā€ for me.

I think they took over the spot from a previous Chinese hot pot type place. The space is huge and has a bar setup, so Iā€™m guessing not cheap. I wonder how long this one is going to last.

maybe all the allegedly advanced eaters on the west side will drive there.

Crackin Kitchen is now open.

I had the pleasure of parting with $20 for a lobster roll.

I work across the street but havenā€™t been. Anything else you like other than the lobster roll? I think you liked it?

No, I did not like it at all.

It was too sweet. The mayo reminded me of miracle whip and I like miracle whip. Plus, the sweet Hawaiian bun just accentuated the overall sweetness the sandwich.

In a weird way it reminded me of a Taiwanese potato salad sandwich.

AKA only the tastiest thing on planet Earth (if done right).

3 Likes

Word.

I used to get up early on Saturday mornings and skip the cartoons just so I could got to the market with mama ipsedixit and pick up some potato salad sandwiches from the deli inside DiHo market.

6 Likes

Bulgarini Gelato Vino Cucina has applied for a restaurant permit at 656 E. Green Street.

7 Likes