Pastrami, Glorious Pastrami

Are you hiring?

I can’t afford to have you on payroll, my highly-educated (and very well over-qualified) friend…

What is that gray stuff under the pastrami?

Chopped liver…

I’d much prefer it with tomatoes and mayo (not that I would order it that way or anything). YMMV

Nah that #6 hold the russian, add Guldens is legit.

1 Like

I have to - painfully - agree.

2 Likes

7 best places to get Pastrami in LA from Zagat today…

(

Anyone tried this?
Bruxie: New to Santa Monica,. Made with hot Boar’s Head meat, the pastrami sandwich is a combo of melted Gruyère cheese, cider slaw and spicy brown mustard that’s stuffed between two sides of a folded, just-made waffle.

Never heard of it. Sounds rather enticing, although I wonder how the waffle “holes” would affect the mustard and cheese… Might try that, if I end up feeling lazy this weekend… :slightly_smiling:

1 Like

Found a photo of the Pastrami Waffle…

1 Like

My wife went there tonight with the kid but neither got the pastrami. She said the fried chicken was really good, seasoned great (though she would rather have just the chicken in tenders form then with the waffle). Good enough that she wants to go back and try other things.

I would have gotten the pastrami but what you gonna do :wink: ??

1 Like

I’ve had their cheeseburger at the original Orange location. Nothing life-changing, but I thought it was a really good, solid burger. Good enough that I’ll see about making my way in to try the pastrami.

1 Like

Went last night but they closed b/f or at 9PM! Argh!

New LA Eater Top 15 Pastrami Spots! EDIT sorry thought this was new because LA Eater put this out today, but it’s really a year old. This is 2016, right?
http://la.eater.com/maps/14-classic-places-pastrami-map-photos-sandwiches![|666x500](upload://mJ8JtCU5MkrhsipOxpBEjrbFSak.png)
Brent’s Northridge in Photo

3 Likes

New? This article is a year old, although nothing has changed.

1 Like

Isn’t the original The Hat location on Garvey? The one where you order at the window.

You are correct the original Hat is located at the intersection of Garfield & Valley in Alhambra and has been serving World Famous pastrami dip sandwiches since 1951

1 Like

Photos from Brent’s Northridge courtesy of Eater LA

3 Likes

That third photo is glorious.

1 Like