Pastrami, Glorious Pastrami

Please clarify: are you talking about Palms Gentlemen’s, or Gentleman’s Butcher. Cuz one of these is not the same.

1 Like

Bizarro Langer’s?

2 Likes

of course it is… that’s the best way to 'strami

Gentleman’s Butcher in Palms.

Yeah, I had a bad experience with the pastrami there, too. Do hear great things about the corned beef, though.

If you’re looking for Corned Beef I had a great sandwich at Magee’s in the Original Farmer’s Market. Hand cut $12.95 and I added $3 for extra meat! Wonderful.

2 Likes

A healthy dinner tonight at Brent’s:

7 Likes

Saturday afternoon at Langer’s…

6 Likes

Ok went there tonight. The pastrami was spicy in a good way, Boars Head, but tasted like grilled Johnnies. Had Gruyere, cider slaw, half sour, and brown mustard.

Better without a waffle! Not my style. Waffle was good, if you like waffles, but the crispy outside, semi wet interior just did not win with me.

1 Like

Everything is better off those waffles.

1 Like

Bruxie does some killer frozen custard. They tried a location near where I live but it closed after a couple of years.Supposedly some kind of disagreement with the landlord. My waistline was grateful.

The concept of savory food on a waffle is a bit difficult although the waffle isn’t sweet at all, so it’s more mental I think. I tried the pastrami because I couldn’t resist. Not something I’d drive to their now nearest (15 miles) location for.

[quote=“Midlife, post:251, topic:1246, full:true”]
the waffle isn’t sweet at all, so it’s more mental I think. [/quote]

Agreed. Waffle isn’t sweet at all. my waffle loving wife and kid like them. I did like it with the chicken tenders. Seemed to be a much better pairing.

I imagine the waffle used in sweet dishes and in the egg dishes would be good as well.

I just did not like it with the pastrami (and this is a pastrami thread) so I didn’t comment on the other applications for the waffles.

Now the cane sugar vanilla cream soda was really great!

1 Like

Back at Brent’s tonight. For the 1st time in ages, went with the pastrami on rye instead of my usual Reuben.

Bread is good and crunchy. Great sandwich!

2 Likes

I somehow missed your entry on Bruxie. Glad you posted again and saved me some calories. :wink:

Love Brent’s… Open a West LA branch!!!

1 Like

Thread reminds me…went to Langer’s after a long hiatus. Ordered a #15 and a #19, + cream soda. Total w/ tax & tip = $50+

Delicious, but yeezus.

Pastrami ain’t peasant food…

Langer’s is supposedly…“working class” joint though. What makes somewhere like Gjusta for the rich I wonder? Sandwiches cheaper at Gjusta than Langers.

Yeah, I think there was a spike in brisket and navel prices the past year or two. Big Mista mentioned to me they were having trouble sourcing pastrami at a reasonable price.

Article from last year….

1 Like

sorry, there aint 7 places in LA to get great pastrami!

1 Like

I don’t disagree…

1 Like