Pastrami, Glorious Pastrami

That is quite an epic lunch during a workday.

There were three of us, and we were unable to finish the fries, but yeah, it was a lot. I looked at the second half of my sandwich and thought about having it wrapped to go, but because I’m me, I ended up finishing it anyway. Oof.

6 Likes

I don’t know if anyone would agree but I really think that Pastrami Chili Cheese Fries should be against the law. At least against the laws of the AMA. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

No way. All things in moderation… including moderation. :wink:

I don’t get PCCFs more than once or twice a year, so I’m not gonna feel guilty about it. Especially when I’m splitting an order three ways.

1 Like

Not all heroes wear capes.

2 Likes

Very Mark Twain of you!

1 Like

Happy New Year to you all…

4 Likes

This Tuesday January 9th only!

2 Likes

Yes! Veggie Reuben.

Hold the veggie patty.

4PM to midnight??? Interesting… Wonder if they’re using this as a test for dinner hrs?

I take it Canter’s is no longer open 24 hrs? Or were you thinking of Langer’s?

Argh! Yes, you are correct. I was thinking of Langer’s. ::slinks away w/ shame::

Canter’s is still 24 hours…

Old but interesting…

I recently enjoyed Mendocino Farms’ newest pastrami sandwich. It’s on their seasonal menu, described as “House hickory smoked real pastrami, celery root slaw, Zoe’s bread & butter pickles, Chef Jeremy’s triple mustard on toasted mild rye.”

Overall, while I had issues with some of the components, the sandwich as a whole really worked! It wasn’t the most tender pastrami, but the spicing was great, lots of peppery kick. Perhaps it was griddled too long, but that also gave some pieces a nice crispy edge. The bread was odd - it’s described as “mild” rye, but it didn’t look or taste like rye at all. I actually wonder if they used the wrong bread on my order. However, the slaw, pickles, and mustard were all tasty and balanced the smoky meat well. This isn’t a pure pastrami experience, and I’m usually wary of more modern takes on old school deli sandwiches (Fleishik’s comes to mind), but I’d get this again.

2 Likes

I’m really confused about that bread

1 Like

Looks like the ciabata with the top “sliced” off with a letter opener.

2 Likes

Looks like the Sizzlers cheese toast.

But without the cheese.

2 Likes

Ha loved that Sizzler cheese toast. Looking again at Mendo’s menu, I’m thinking they probably gave me the “rustic white” bread instead of the rye. I should try it again with the proper bread.