Pastrami, Glorious Pastrami

Seriously, the proportions are way off. It should be 60% pastrami, 10% cream cheese, and 30% bread, 0% tomato.

At least then it might be worth a try. That tomato just looks so out of place.

And is it just me or is cream cheese and rye odd as well? I have never had it.

cream cheese on toasted rye (especially w/ lox) is good.

cream cheese w/pastrami = not good (and tomatoes are not good w/ pastrami either). that is a very scary sandwich.

1 Like

You need to try The Pastrami PoBoy at Orleans and York, it is great, just orfer it the way it is. Do not expect Langer’s or The Hat, it is unique, I think!

is this "the burger boy " ???

and as proof what’s your favorite cue joint and burger joint ???

You are a better man than I am. I can never get past their Brinny’s Pastrami Reuben (although I ask for rye rather than pumpernickel - their rye has won Saveur’s best bread - its really, really good). I have begged them to come out to the west coast with no avail. If we had a Roadhouse here, http://www.zingermansroadhouse.com/, it would be swamped. Best restaurant in flyover country in my experience. Although I haven’t explored Chicago or New Orleans thoroughly. Katz’s may get rival billing against Langer’s, but I think Zingerman’s is in the same league - and its in a little town in Michigan. Langer’s bread against Zingerman’s would be a cage match. I offer to be one of the judges. Especially if pastrami is involved.

Langer’s Pastrami & Eggs. Yes….

1 Like

that might actually be a candidate for a bagel cream cheese some of that p and e and – yes – a tomato on top.

1 Like

Fucked up doctors orders. Gotta cut back severely on the red meat consumption.

Perhaps I should just take up white meat from now on.

And that ain’t no fucking joint.

"I don’t always eat Pastrami. But when I do, I prefer Langer’s: “Stay hungry, my friends.”

3 Likes

I was on restriction, had to wait 22 hours to post more! 26 Beach & JnJ Burger Shack and BBQ

Just had the black pastrami reuben from Brent’s, inspired by this thread…

holy dear mother of god O_O I’m a sucker for reubens so this was definitely the best reuben I’ve ever had.

4 Likes

J n J is fucking dope. it’s been too long.

ok, i guess you are the real burger boy.

It is to bad J’s mom is not making the desserts anymore. J and his family are such nice people. I have rarely been there when they run out of something, the 2 times at Horsetheif, around 3pm they were out of 1/2 the menu.

Beef ribs are fucking dope. Funny that I’ve never tried the burger side of the operation.

And his sweet potato pie is beyond fucking dope.

Too bad I never got the chance to try his moms peach cake.

Glad you liked it as much as I did!

The other night when I had the Pastrami Reuben, my wife had the Corned Beef Reuben and it was incredible as well. Of course we had to wash it down with a couple of ‘black and whites.’

3 Likes

Tried the pastrami at Beverly Glen Deli last night. Nothing special. Their corned beef is much better. Their well done steak fries are really good and the fried chicken is good as well. Pastrami was not a winner.

1 Like

A good BBQ place open for lunch should have run out of almost everything by 3 p.m.

1 Like

My mouse pad…

2 Likes

Had the reuben and pastrami from ink.sack today.

1. brents and langers have nothing to worry about
  2. man that bread is tasty
2 Likes