Pastrami, Glorious Pastrami

Canter’s corned beef > pastrami

2 Likes

I think it is 4 fuckin PM, just so you know!

1 Like

Oinkster Pastrami Chili Cheese Fries

1 Like

I tried to go to Langer’s on Saturday----there was a line down the block, employees w/ clipboards supervising the crowd and their lot was completely full. :disappointed: I didn’t have the patience (or the time) to wait that long. I guess I’m not the only person in LA who has the week off from work and craving pastrami. if I have time tomorrow, I may give it another try.

1 Like

Try taking the Metro Red Line. The Macarthur Park Station is right by Langer’s.

1 Like

You probably know this, but they have curb service, http://www.langersdeli.com/langers-to-go/curb-service-by-langers-delicatessen-restaurant/

2 Likes

I know that’s an option (and I’m in walking distance of the Wilshire/Normandie station), but I was out running errands and doing other things—Langer’s was just going to be one of them. The only way I could go Metro is if thats the only thing I’m planning on doing for several hours.

yup, thanks. I wanted to eat there—part of the fun!

Even curbside service can run up a line somedays… it’s just part of the price of admissions to Langer’s.

1 Like

maybe the key is to get there before 11am—line any shorter then? (I could do a pastrami sandwich instead of b’fast food). I haven’t been to Langer’s in quite a while and I don’t remember these long lines previously.

The last couple of times I went on a Sat, I got there by 9 and got a seat at the counter pretty easily. But I have no problems having a pastrami sandwich for breakfast or bbq for that matter.

3 Likes

Get there by 11:30 AM on a weekday and you’ll be fine. The line starts to build right after that.

3 Likes

excellent—thanks for the tips guys! I’m going to see if I can squeeze in a run Thurs. morning before everything shuts down for NYE.

Even if there is a line I’ve never waited more than 15 minutes…

One caveat. We usually go early as well. They don’t serve fries during breakfast service. I do miss that aspect of the experience. But it is peaceful in the AM. Totally different crowd - mostly local folks grabbing breakfast before launching off to work.

2 Likes

Agree…and their sliced pastrami & eggs plate is a wonderful way to start the day.

1 Like

@kevin wants us all to know he had Langer’s delivered for lunch yesterday via Amazon Prime Now.

3 Likes

that’s ok, I’ll probably have potato salad. Back in the old days while I was going to Otis (when it was located @ MacArthur Park), I used to pop in for breakfast often. It felt very low key and homey in the morning hours.

I’m hoping that I can still get there tomorrow (my schedule seems to be changing by the moment), if not then I’ll just have to brave the line one Saturday afternoon in the new year.

Thanks again—I appreciate everybody’s help!

Well that’s all fine and dandy, but I would rather hear it from @kevin

2 Likes

Saw this at the Tokyo Central market and thought of @wienermobile :joy:

A bit too out there for me.

3 Likes