Petit Trois Le Valley [L.A. Times]

yea we’re way off topic but whatever…

this was super interesting in Cantabria…

obviously we’re all familiar with white bean versions all over europe which we found a lot of also

5 Likes

BTW Ralphs (of all places) had morels today for $50/lb. I bought four (the wife hates mushrooms) for $1.60. They don’t weigh a lot. They also stock grass fed dry-aged beef and bison meat. Who knew? This is the Hazeltine store in Sherman Oaks which is a flagship outpost. No demi glace though.

4 Likes

Thank you! I am calling my local Ralph’s and Whole Foods as we speak. I do love those mushrooms. :slight_smile:

1 Like

When I was 8 I lived in Michigan. My father had led us mushroom hunting for the three years I could do it. One spring day I went out to empty the trash and there was three feet of morels growing along the fence. Minor miracle…

4 Likes

My brother-in-law’s haul from a hunt today in Kansas…

9 Likes

Well I guess that answered the question, “Can anything good come out of Kansas?” Morels!

1 Like

So jealous!

or from some other spot IN santa monica

or morals in east lansing.

1 Like

Guys, is there a verdict on the valley food quality being on par/same as the original?

Went once. Did not think it was as good. Close, but I think the larger number of seats and broader menu reduces some of the care levels. That said, it is a much more comfortable place to eat.

Is Chef Ludo cooking here on a regular basis?

I figure he’s there more often supervising given that he lives nearby.

1 Like