Pick my birthday dinner

I do think Melisse is worth it if you’ve never been. But there are a lot of great options

Providence and Somni. Just had to do it!

Maybe Valentino before they close soon?

A few weeks ago we had a very elegant and tasty dinner at Petrossian in West Hollywood. Food was delicious and beautifully prepared, ambiance was calm and classy, and service excellent. Under the radar kind of place. None of the hype and rudeness you see sometimes spoil your day.

4 Likes

Could be too swirly but Simone might be dope.

1 Like

A Lukshon shout out from you?

Tesse - really hitting it’s stride now, IMHO.
But if you get the pork chop gently remind them not to over cook it.

ooh… sounds really good but goes against my vow to not go in the first month of any opening

edit* Booked!

1 Like

Gwen or Hearth & Hound?

THANKS!

Edit* Booked

1 Like

If you dine at The Hearth and Hound you are supporting the chef/owner April Bloomfield. Many women who were sexually assaulted by her business partner, Ken Friedman, said that they told Bloomfield only to be told by her if they wanted to work at The Spotted Pig they must put up with his assaults.

https://www.sfchronicle.com/insidescoop/article/April-Bloomfield-responds-to-sexual-harassment-12431478.php

4 Likes

If I had that vow, I would break it for a recommendation from @CiaoBob. His taste in food and restaurants is impeccable.

Got it. Wasn’t his suggestion :slight_smile:

My mistake. I thought you were responding to his suggestion of Tesse.

Wow, thanks.
Mom…is that you? :grin:

5 Likes

Odys & Penelope?

Cassia’s charcuterie platter was one of the most memorable dishes I’ve had in recent years.

Broken Spanish is great but to me not celebratory like e.g. Osteria Mozza, Chi Spacca, etc.

1 Like

Love that plate!

Somni is probably too precious but it truly is an awesome dining experience. A birthday celebration is the perfect reason to go.

I’d agree if you were watching my kid. But also I want him at the dinner, and want it more celebratory rather than cerebral.

I advised to SKIP Lukshon

2 Likes

Per OP: “plz help me pick something…” " not very swirly, eatble flowery, 1 bite dish spots"…
Somni was not on my list for our birthday boy for this reason.

1 Like