Pico Blvd - Best of

Can’t forget Islands. Well, I mean you can if you want.

Apple Pan

7 Likes

lol, i try not to go often so i can have my memories of when it was good. :wink:

1 Like

Picked up an Apple Pan banana cream pie last weekend - :yum:!

3 Likes

Double :yum:. Did u see @J_L’s Boysenberry?:kissing_closed_eyes:

1 Like

:grin: I know. But I still enjoy the fries with buttermilk ranch sometimes.

1 Like

Oh yes. My son loves fruit/berry pies. I told him we’d take a shot Tuesday. Hoping they’re still offering it.

1 Like

Tacos Tamix! The place is great. Registered an account just to say this: I’ve tried Leo’s and Tacos Tamix’s Al Pastor on multiple occasions, back to back (walking from one place immediately to the next). Each time Tacos Tamix has been better. I brought some friends to confirm last time. They agreed

Oh wow. Okay. Thanks!

How is that place next to the gas station it’s not far from John o’Groats. It’s looks like a hamburger stand? Anyone know what I am talking about?

The only thing I can think of that vaguely matches your description is a small shack that’s located on the same property as the Mobil gas station at corner of Santa Monica Blvd. and Sepulveda in West LA (so not on Pico). Is this the place you’re thinking of?

http://www.thecornerdeliandgrill.com/

It’s a place called Marty’s (after a bit of googling) I thought I knew that area pretty well, but I’ve never been there before. I see it has rec’d a mention in the LAWeekly on hamburger stands but I haven’t been before.

1 Like

I might get panned for this but hey.

There’s a small burger stand outside of the entrance to Lowes in Mid-City (inside the parking lot). They have double cheeseburgers (I get it with no lettuce, tomato or onions, but extra ketchup) that are good in a very specific way. Dirty and burnt, but amazing.

Gus’s World Famous Chicken just opened up recently, corner of Crenshaw and Arlington. Currently my favorite fried chicken in Los Angeles, plus they have Fried Green Tomatoes.

Healing Coffee Roasters (across from Roscoe’s, Pico and La Brea) is my go-to coffee spot anywhere on the West Side. Ethiopian Cold Brew is crisp and clean. If you want milk in your coffee, get the Indonesian. Haven’t had any of their lattes, so can’t speak to that but they make a damned good Cortado.

Jeff’s Gourmet Sausage Co, over on Pico and Doheny I think, has good sausage sandwiches.

Charlie’s Fish for fried fish is better than Penguin’s in my opinion (Pico and Curson?).

I’ll add more as I try to remember what’s on Pico Blvd…

Edit: Posted accidentally before finished.

1 Like

My favorite taco Tamix experience: watching glorious tacos come off the trompo; when it was my turn, the taqueria had to take a break and the #4 man or whatever took over. Let’s just say my tacos were not spectacular that day.

Haven’t been, but have seen firemen and cops getting food there.

1 Like

You’ll find @kevin and I hanging out at Marty’s every now and then…

1 Like

Tell @kevin the chili cheese firedog add pastrami is awesome, if he doesn’t know already.

AKA “The kevin”… :slight_smile:

1 Like

Mateos Ice Cream and Fruit Bars!

2 locations on Pico.

Perfect refreshing dessert after any of the above mentioned.

El Parian
Dino’s
La Cevicheria
Papa Cristos

Are my favorite Pico joints!

2 Likes

Also X 2 on Tamix, great Al Pastor.

La Guera in front of the Smart and Final is a pretty solid taco stand