Pizzeria Mozza

Hi @skramzlife,

Ooh! I didn’t think about adding mushrooms! Must try this.

Fennel & Sausage in general. But I was serious about the one you had. I’ll talk someone into ordering it and try it. :blush:

1 Like

When did they do away with their clam pie, I don’t see it on the current menu? I’m coming down for a few days in December and was looking forward to it together with the chicken liver bruschette.

Not sure maybe its a seasonal item? I didn’t see it on the menu for my last visit about 2 weeks ago.

If you want a good clam pie… I like the one URBN Pizzamakes at smorgasburg. It’s not quite like Mozza but still really good.

1 Like

Thanks for the tip, I am always on the lookout for a good clam pie. Unfortunately will not be on town on a Sunday but will keep in mind for future reference Pics of their pies look good.

saw the ursula’s parade clam pizza at roberta’s recently.

the settebello pizza and it’s crust conforms to the Vera Pizza Napolitana requirements.
these requirements will always result in a pliant crust.
this is how a NEAPOLITAN crust is SUPPOSED to be.

when Bourdin made his film in Naples about this type of pizza it showed him being served an UNSLICED pizza with a fork and a knife. the crust is not supposed to be crisp.

the Mozza pizza is NOT a certified neapolitan pizza.

both varieties are delicious imho.
but they are not meant to be the same.

3 Likes

That’s true, but people who prefer crisp pizza may still think of Neapolitan as floppy or whatever.

Yes, so when I say that the crust is weaker at the NB location in my experience, it is because it is not as faithful to the “intent” of the Pizzera Mozza crust. It was neither crispy all the way through, nor did it have the delightful chewiness that you often find in really good neopolitan crusts. That said, I did go again to the NB location in November, and thought the crust was better than during my prior two visits.

And I’ve eaten at both dozens of times. Different strokes.

Maybe I got a bad pie twice or maybe they sat too long before serving, who knows. My pies were noticeably soggier, especially towards the middle.

you mean you must “have” had a brain fart…twice apparently

well stated, westsidegal! after Settebello is in Peppe Miele’s former Antica space, headquarters of VPN Americas!

Our Last Visit

Funghi Misti, Fontina, Taleggio & Thyme

…aka my favorite

Egg, Bacon, Potato, Fontina, Sottocenere, Cipollinis

Bianca - Fontina, Mozzarella, Sottocenere & Sage

Pizza alla Benno - Speck, Pineapple, Jalapeños, Mozzarella & Tomato

Meatballs, Mozzarella di Bufala, Fresh Oregano

Classic Affogato

Hot espresso over cold gelato

Drumroll please… Butterscotch Budino! :tada:

Okay, it’s a bad picture, but this goes on my lifetime Best Bites list. Sweet, salty, puddingy, creamy, butterscotchy w/nice little rosemary, pine nut cookies

I was with a bunch of dudes, but I’m sure if I was at that table there was a salad on it, probably Insalata Tricolore with Anchovy Dressing.

:smiling_face_with_three_hearts: Not one bad thing.

15 Likes

On the contrary, on my larger work monitor, it looks like I could dive right in! Looks like a nice meal. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks @DTLAeater! Yah, I always get surprised at how photos look on a monitor compared to a phone or pad.

the budino is awesome. wait, did you just go for 5 pizzas ? :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Looks like it. :blush: It’s called dining with guys under 30. There was probably ONE salad and most likely wine was involved. But we really do love their pizza.

1 Like

DeSano’s would have been a quarter of the cost :stuck_out_tongue:

*runs away