Popcorn seasoning

You don’t want to know what I put on vanilla ice cream.

Why does it have to be vanilla? :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I was thinking chocolate ice cream - a riff on dunking McDonald’s fries in a chocolate shake.

4 Likes

mmm vanilla ice cream with coagulated pigs blood.

1 Like

I got money on pork floss.

4 Likes

I seem to remember that @ipsedixit loves miracle whip.

2 Likes

Sounds right . . .

1 Like

Why not both, with a pinch of chili crisp.

3 Likes

I’m definitely trying coconut oil next time.
Popcornopolis makes a “nearly naked” flavor that’s just coconut oil and salt. I thought it was buttered at first. Same luscious feeling, but the taste is a bit more neutral. This might make a better base for certain flavors.

Hey very similar to our household recipe! I add a few honey roasted peanuts to the mix.

I may have to rethink the coconut oil thing. May just use lard.

Screw the rest. Just eat lard.

#yearofthepig

1 Like

Only if you deep-fry lard in lard.

Has anyone tried this? Flavocal. Supposedly available at Smart and Final, as well as online.

I haven’t tried it, but I can confirm that I saw it at my local Smart & Final (La Habra and Whittier).

I melt butter (Vital or Delitia), then grate Red Cow parmesan (preferably from Eataly), then sprinkle an “aglio olio peperoncino” spice mix I brought home from Venice this year (similar is available at Guidi Marcello). Links below

It’s insane. Addiction worthy

https://vitalfarms.com/our-grass-fed-butter/?gclid=Cj0KCQjwlK7cBRCnARIsAJiE3MiG9_Tx3KMeXsQOqj4lGySbq4iHKMcc_Zc0X9PBKwwKRWIoCG-ZTmYaAg7bEALw_wcB

2 Likes

Sounds great except that spice mix seems ridiculously overpriced. I’d simmer fresh garlic, pepper flakes, and herbs in the butter.

1 Like

I melt butter (Vital or Delitia), then grate Red Cow parmesan (preferably from Eataly), then sprinkle an “aglio olio peperoncino” spice mix I brought home from Venice this year (similar is available at Guidi Marcello). Links below

Your popcorn sounds so very good. And great link, thanks.

1 Like

All these seasonings sound great. So good, I’d almost just forgo the popcorn. Just get in the way.

1 Like

The spice mix is about $7. I use it to season burgers, pasta, eggs. Incredibly versatile