Post Engagement Dinner at Scarpetta at the Cosmopolitan [Primarily a Pictorial Review]

Following my successful proposal on the balcony of the Wraparound suite at Cosmo, our party proceeded downstairs at Scarpetta to scarf down some modern Italian food.

Cosmo Wraparound suites with fountain view. Also, special thanks to my group of friends who helped out in the surprise.

Happily engaged :sunglasses:

I pre-planned the dinner in advance but I was surprised at how difficult it was to get a restaurant to either respond promptly to my questions or unwilling to customize a tasting menu. I had no luck with Le Cirque(no customizing), Alize(never responded), Michael Mina(canceled on me a few weeks ahead because they’re suddenly closed on my requested date), Joel Robuchon(hardly ever responded to my inquiries so I gave up), Twist(not open on the date I requested so I’ll give them a pass). However, I was able to secure my Scarpetta reservation and finish customizing my menu over the phone in under 5 mins. No fuss!

Creepy iPhone picture of our party inside Scarpetta’s fountain-facing private dining room. No additional charges. Service was fantastic throughout the night.

Course 1a: Tuna Crudo | avocado, serrano pepper & radish

Course 1b: Yellowtail Crudo | olio di zenzero & pickled red onion

Course 2: Fritto Misto - calamari, shrimp, vegetables & calabrian tomato sauce

Course 3a: Diver Scallop | butternut squash caponata, pine nut & balsamico

Course 3b: Creamy Polenta | fricassee of truffled mushrooms - Shared Course

**Course 4: Mediterranean Octopus | ceci beans, tomato & basil **

Course 5a: Pici | lobster, tarragon, almond & chili pesto

Course 5b: Short Rib Agnolotti | brown butter, horseradish & toasted breadcrumbs - Shared Course

Course 5c: Duck & Foie Gras Ravioli | marsala reduction - Shared Course

Course 6: Fennel Dusted Black Cod | caramelized fennel & concentrated tomato

Course 7: Kobe Ribcap | butternut squash gnocchi, parsnip & barolo

Course 8a: Strawberry Panna Cotta | vanilla gelato, strawberry consomme

Course 8b: Pistachio Cream Bomboloni | cherry compote

Course 8c: Chocolate Souffle | vanilla bean gelato

Course 8d: Mascarpone Cheesecake | poached pears, raspberry sorbet

Bonus macro #1 of the ring.

Bonus macro #2.

There’s not much to say about this custom tasting menu except that we were given an insane amount of food. All 10 of us were pretty much tapping out around course #6. The shared pastas were the highlight of the night with very VERY rich flavors which was the recurring theme of most courses. Are there more refined and sophisticated food in Vegas? I can think of many. However, Scarpetta really isn’t a bad option. It was fine meal overall with only minor missteps on desserts. Solid.

Scarpetta
Located in
The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas
3708 Las Vegas Blvd S
Level 3
Las Vegas, NV 89109

9 Likes

Mazel tov, man.

1 Like

How lovely…congratulations!

1 Like

Looks like a nice meal but where was the spaghetti? I’d assume that would be in every tasting menu since that is their signature dish. Love that polenta with mushroom.

I requested it to be substituted with the lobster pici since I’ve had their signature tomato and basil spaghetti a number of times already.

1 Like

Hooray! Trumpets! Jubilation! Hooray!

1 Like

The setting on that ring is gorgeous, and blahoželanie!

2 Likes

Congrats!

1 Like