Post Your Daily Sandwich

we have almost the same InO order, except whole grilled is too hardcore for me. 3x2 is also fantastic.

2 Likes

Best part about well done fries is you get the whole basket, usually because not many order it that way. Yes I notice these things. :joy::pig2:

4 Likes

Banh mi trung at Saigon’s Bakery in San Gabriel. Best pre-hike snack.

9 Likes

Had the #19 at Langer’s for lunch today (you’ve seen enough pics). One of my co-workers got the #44, which was intriguing enough to me that I just might have to try it next time I’m in.

I had them wrap up a pound of pastrami, some bread, and all the other fixin’s for my lovely bride.

10 Likes

Portillo’s Italian Beef…Nice

11 Likes

Not sure if it’s on the menu full time yet or just this week, but the House Smoked Summer Cubano at Mendocino Farms is ridiculously delicious. Smokey, porky, fatty, and spicy. Nice to see Mendo putting their smokehouse to good use.

1 Like

Just had this “Cubano” for dinner and I concur - great sandwich. Just a heads-up - it has a lot of pickled jalapeños. If spicy food is an issue, it may be something to consider. But I think this element is crucial to the sandwich’s success. The sour acidity balances the sandwich.

Mendocino Farms in MdR also has a nice green bean salad right now. Super fresh FM green beans, walnuts, celery and goat cheese (no visible goat cheese - I think it’s blended into the dressing).

4 Likes

I had this monster torta at Los Kuinitos 2. I believe it was called La Chingona. The lettuce and tomato make it healthy.

8 Likes

Harlowe’s French dip. Some pros/cons vs Philippes. I liked that the bread was toasted and that the au jus was served on the side so I could moderate the amount of juice. I missed the hot mustard even though the horseradish sauce was potent. A little light on the meat. $9 for a 4.5oz portion of meat, $2 extra for the 6oz portion. Nice dill pickle on the side. I’d come back but with another person to split sides.

Bread and butter pickles. I love these suckers.

Fried onion strings with bbq sauce. The top 3/4 of the basket was very good. Light, nice fry, not greasy and good flavor.

The bottom 1/4 of the basket was pretty much inedible. Very greasy. Like two totally different baskets of fried onions. I found out the reason why. Look closely - there was literally a pool of oil collected at the bottom. Not great.

5 Likes

Red Chilaquiles Torta at Guerrilla Tacos:

1 Like

Prosciutto de Parma from Cortina’s

So that is what Ham should taste like huh

7 Likes

DEL REY DELI CO.

the order number gods smiled down upon me

cubano

St. Jude (turkey / salami / mozz / caper mayo)

9 Likes

4 Likes

Brent’s Northridge!

5 Likes

Made it back to Gjusta and tried the veggie sandwich. Very hearty and flavorful. Biting acidity from the roasted peppers and pickled turnips (not in a bad way). Nice counterpoint to the creamy avocado. Loved the fennel. Chock full of fresh veggies. Look forward to enjoying the second half for lunch tomorrow.

7 Likes

Love the Veggie Sandwich! :slight_smile: Glad you liked it @chinchi. And is that a delicious Ginger Lemonade I see?

Yes, I went with the ginger lemonade. Very refreshing. I also picked up a cherry scone. It will get eaten for breakfast tomorrow. I hope it tastes as good as it looks!

1 Like

Bottlefish - Brunch menu only I think
Nashville Hot Fish Sandwich with Ono.
Yummy. Not super spicy but has a nice kick.
With great fries.
And no line.

The Sawed-in-Half View

8 Likes

All right this is from Pal’s Takeaway in Oakland, CA, but there is no SF/Oakland sandwich board so I’m going to post here because Jeff Mason is such a sandwich maestro that you should stop in if you are in the area.

Rotisserie lamb with spicy corn relish, fresh mint, butter lettuce and padadum chips on a toasted kaiser roll.

7 Likes

Lunch at Langer’s!

14 Likes